The Student Room Group

Y12 weight gain

Okay so I started sixth form this term and have been finding the workload okay so far, with getting okay grades (doing Biology, Psychology and Politics). But, I've found that I've gained more weight than I expected - moreso than the stress weight gain I've experienced in the past. I've always been a bit on the larger side but over the past six weeks I've gained about 8kg despite aiming for weight loss, and this has put me just past the very overweight side of the BMi scale.I wanted to check whether this was a normal experience for Y12 starting, and if it should become less as Y12 continues onwards if so?(throwaway account since I don't want this traced back to me)
Original post by chuck_here
Okay so I started sixth form this term and have been finding the workload okay so far, with getting okay grades (doing Biology, Psychology and Politics). But, I've found that I've gained more weight than I expected - moreso than the stress weight gain I've experienced in the past. I've always been a bit on the larger side but over the past six weeks I've gained about 8kg despite aiming for weight loss, and this has put me just past the very overweight side of the BMi scale.I wanted to check whether this was a normal experience for Y12 starting, and if it should become less as Y12 continues onwards if so?(throwaway account since I don't want this traced back to me)

Gaining 8kg in six weeks is not "a normal experience for Y12 starting".

Perhaps this is "the stress weight gain I've experienced in the past" at play, given that Y12 and Y13 can be quite stressful.
Reply 2
How do you think you've gained 8kg? Not enough context in your post.
Reply 3
Do you really think that you have gain more weight ...
stress eating?

Quick Reply

Latest