The Student Room Group

Anki flashcards

hey i have a simple question - so far in 6th form (i do bio chem maths a level) i've been taking notes normally on paper in class and creating flashcards on normal white physical flashcards in frees and at home. but should i start moving to anki or not? ive heard it is good but it looks very complicated and my computer is old so i'd only be able to get the anki 2.1.35/36/37 (idk which one as i have macOS 10.13.3) :frown: so is it worth it?
I used Anki for a while but you have to pay to get all the benefits so I switched to Brainscape, which has a website and an app as well. So maybe check that out?
Reply 2
Original post by Sophstudent25
I used Anki for a while but you have to pay to get all the benefits so I switched to Brainscape, which has a website and an app as well. So maybe check that out?

oh okay i wil check it out thank you :biggrin:
knowt is a good option too - has pretty much all the same features as quizlet and Anki but everything is completely free and very easy to use
Reply 4
Original post by Sophstudent25

Anki is completely free? And has a website and app? Are you sure you used the right Anki?
Reply 5
Original post by oort.cloud
hey i have a simple question - so far in 6th form (i do bio chem maths a level) i've been taking notes normally on paper in class and creating flashcards on normal white physical flashcards in frees and at home. but should i start moving to anki or not? ive heard it is good but it looks very complicated and my computer is old so i'd only be able to get the anki 2.1.35/36/37 (idk which one as i have macOS 10.13.3) :frown: so is it worth it?

I'd say Anki is definitely worth it - I feel u though, it was complicated to me at first. I'd suggest reading the Anki manual, and after that you kinda pick stuff up while using it. Youtube videos are also helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest