The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Has anyone else been put on hold for History (V100)?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Bristol treat achieved grades and predicted grades the same (which is crazy in my opinion given the stats on the low % of people who actually get their predicted). They also don’t look at equivalents (eg. AAA vs A*,A,B unlike some other places). I had a discussion with admissions to confirm these two points.
Original post by gt4
I just heard back today that I got waitlisted for the neuroscience Bsc course (I applied 3 days ago). I’m kinda disappointed as I have already achieved my grades (A*AA). I understand waitlisting when it’s people with predicted grades but I feel like it’s a bad sign that I’ve been waitlisted with my actual grades. Am I overthinking it?
Hi - had an offer yesterday for Maths for 2024 start. Have achieved grades so think that's why I heard early. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas re: accommodation - I think maths is in Fry Building. Thanks
Hey - has anyone been put on hold/ got an offer for business and management?
Original post by unknownuser22333
Hey - has anyone been put on hold/ got an offer for business and management?

i got a conditional offer for econ yesterday
Original post by Anonymous
i got a conditional offer for econ yesterday

ahh congratulations! Did you get an instant offer or get put on hold and then receive it?
ahh congratulations! Did you get an instant offer or get put on hold and then receive it?

instant offer, submitted application last thursday
Reply 27
has anyone applied to economics and management? have you guys started getting offers yet?
what were ur predicted
Original post by Anonymous
instant offer, submitted application last thursday
Original post by sixthformapp
what were ur predicted

4 A* in maths, FM, econ & geog
Reply 30

If you’re on hold it’s because you fulfill the entrance requirements but they still need to compare you to the rest of the cohort, so offers will be a while, especially if the UCAS cut off for your course is January as they have to give equal consideration to the later applicants. Those that get accepted early are either on less competitive courses or outstanding candidates.
(edited 6 months ago)
Hey ! Has anyone been put on hold/gotten an offer for Law? (M100)
Reply 32
Original post by fatimafatima
Hey ! Has anyone been put on hold/gotten an offer for Law? (M100)

nobody will have heard anything back about law yet because universities don't actually receive our LNAT scores until the end of October (even though we took it ages ago), so they may or may not even have them yet and if they do it definitely hasn't been long enough for them to look through the application.
Reply 33
Original post by aarcs
just received an offer yesterday, contextual so BBC :cool:

Hi, which languages are you going to be studying? I do languages at Bristol and am happy to answer any questions
Reply 34
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Bristol.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

anyone got any offers for aerospace?
Reply 35
Original post by stephanieexx
Is anyone applying for chemistry? Just would love to know when people are going t start getting offers for it

Just got my offer for chemistry as an international student!
Reply 36
i applied for dentistry still haven’t heard backk
Has anyone applied for International Relations/Politics and heard back? Thanks
Theology and Religion
I have an offer (ABB), with a few offers from other unis, still figuring out where I actually want to go.
Reply 39
Original post by stephanieexx
Is anyone applying for chemistry? Just would love to know when people are going t start getting offers for it

I applied for chemistry on Monday 16th and got an offer exactly a week later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending