The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by fraudulent-lemon
Has anyone heard back about Geography BSc? I applied October 15th (international) and all I've gotten is a questionnaire to clarify my fee status 😭

My daughter got an offer within 3 days but not international
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by hayleygeorge15
I applied for bsc neuroscience a week or so ago and heard back today that I've been put on hold... I'm predicted A*A*A. Hoping that Bristol like me and are just waiting for more applicants, rather than them just not being sure about me. I've already got an offer back from Warwick for Psychology, so I'm keeping my hopes up for Bristol.

Me and my friend applied for neuroscience I got an offer within a week and he got put on hold we have the same academics and go same school lol I think they're trying to work out how many students they need but hopefully you get your offer neuroscience is amazingggg
Original post by Minniepig
My daughter got an offer within 3 days but not international

I got an offer today! Congratulations to your daughter as well :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Anagha_G
congratulations!! for which course?

Pol/Econ
Reply 84
Original post by KianG
I just got placed on hold for law. I applied on the 2nd Oct. I’m so scared and what this means. Does this mean my LNAT wasn’t high enough for me to get an offer straight away. I’m predicted 3 A* in History, English Lit and Politics, so my LNAT is a big worry now

I'm in the same boat. If it helps, I got a Durham offer so my LNAT couldn't be absolutely terrible. I think we're fine, law is just very competitive lol
Original post by Alexanderhodge
I got a conditional offer from Bristol yesterday for Classics. I’m sitting SQA Advanced Highers (English, Latin, Philosophy & Religion) and they want AB (A in Latin).

Congrats! I also got an offer for classics :smile: Where else have u applied?
Original post by moonytoast1
Congrats! I also got an offer for classics :smile: Where else have u applied?

Thank you. I have applied to Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews, UCL, and Bristol.
Original post by Anonymous #10
Me and my friend applied for neuroscience I got an offer within a week and he got put on hold we have the same academics and go same school lol I think they're trying to work out how many students they need but hopefully you get your offer neuroscience is amazingggg

ahh yes i assumed that was the case. i really hope they come back i would love to study neuroscience at bristol! lmk how you get on :smile:
Original post by aarcs
just received an offer yesterday, contextual so BBC :cool:

Hi with your contextual offer have you already got your grades? If not what are your predicted grades. Thanks
Is there an offers spreadsheet this year?
i just got a contextual offer for neuroscience!! i was initially put on hold so i’m super happy
Reply 91
i just got a contextual offer for neuroscience!! i was initially put on hold so i’m super happy

Congratulations 🎉
Reply 92
Just got an offer for law :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by aloexo

CONGRATS!!!! I’m also applying for law. Are you home student or intentional?
Reply 94
I got an offer for MEng Mathematics and Computer Science today.
Predicted A* A* A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
Applying to Imperial, LSE, UCL, Warwick (and Bristol)
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Bristol.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hey guys!

BSc Sociology with Study Abroad - still waiting on an offer!

I attended an open day back in June this year.

Quite nervous about starting university but I think it will be a great experience to explore our subjects of interest and learn from amazing academics.

Reply 96
Original post by aloexo

Also were you placed on hold before this?
Reply 97
Original post by KianG
CONGRATS!!!! I’m also applying for law. Are you home student or intentional?

Thank you, I'm international. I updated my UCAS application a week ago on Monday (put Bristol in the place of Manchester) and got the "on hold" email on Friday.
Original post by aaud
omg that’s so greattt!! it’s honestly do scary even the interview stage is so frightening😭

i just know my minds gonna go blank on the interview its gonna be so stressful knowing that you can mess it up right there i hope we get in.

ahh congrats!!! i didn’t apply for neuroscience but got an offer for the psychology and neuroscience msci :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending