Official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

anyone applied for Edin 5th choice in a med application
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
anyone applied for Edin 5th choice in a med application

Im considering this for biomed, but im from England so I don’t know if im at a huge disadvantage. My Alevel grades are AAA but since medicine is very competitive im not sure if Edinburgh is a terrible idea as a 5th option.
Does anyone have any advice?
when I emailed them, they said that it wouldn't be a disadvantage and that they have a lot of students in this situation. I asked about engineering being my fifth though. If they're okay with the fifth choice being engineering, Im pretty sure biomed wouldn't be a problem.
Original post by bhemmings
Im considering this for biomed, but im from England so I don’t know if im at a huge disadvantage. My Alevel grades are AAA but since medicine is very competitive im not sure if Edinburgh is a terrible idea as a 5th option.
Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by asqwdfrgthjk

what have you applied for? i've also applied for york (have an offer), durham, and edinburgh and am studying theoretical physics :smile:

i’ve applied for a couple of different courses within the realm of linguistics and anthropology (very different courses but maybe i’ll see you somewhere next year!)
Reply 24
hi!! i've applied for mathematical physics and i currently take chemistry, physics, maths, and further maths at a level. would love to meet anyone else applying for something in the physics department :smile:

hey! i've applied for physics too!
Hi! I've applied for MA History, with a predicted 42 (777 at HL History, Eng L&L, and Psychology). I'm also applying to the LSE, Oxford, UCL, and KCL!
Original post by stelliferous2
Hi! I've applied for MA History, with a predicted 42 (777 at HL History, Eng L&L, and Psychology). I'm also applying to the LSE, Oxford, UCL, and KCL!

Hello! I have also applied for MA History as an IB student with a predicted grade of 45/45 (777 in HL Physics, Economics, and English Language & Literature). My other choices are Cambridge, LSE, St Andrews, and King's.
Original post by dorothygrace06
hey! i’ve applied for classics & english lit :smile: i take english lit, history & fine art

I’ve applied for English Lit too. I’m doing IB with HL English, HL Philosophy, HL Economics, Maths,German and Biology.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by dslash123
hey! i've applied for physics too!

thats so cool!! where else have you applied? i've applied cambridge, durham, lancaster, and york
Reply 29
thats so cool!! where else have you applied? i've applied cambridge, durham, lancaster, and york

my other choices are imperial, ucl, manchester and bristol
Original post by Anonymous
Hi im wanting to apply for law at edinburgh university this year. I am S5 and taking higher english, modern studies, politics, media and business. In my national 5s i received AABBBC and have appealed the C and a B to hopefully receive a better grade. Any advice for my application as i know i haven’t done well in my nat5s, do i still have a chance of getting in?

tbf i don’t actually think nat5’s matter that much? it just depends on the course you want to do bc i’m taking history and you only need a C at nat5 english to do it. it’s mainly about highers they care about so don’t worry :smile:
Reply 31
hey! i’m applying for astrophysics at edinburgh (: im taking advanced higher maths & physics + higher chem & compsci this year
Original post by erin11
I’m hoping to apply for French and Politics! I currently study politics history and french A level. I went to edinburgh open day last october.

hi I’m also applying for French and Politics how was the open day I’m going this week?
Reply 33
i applied for compsci & got 5 A’s at higher and i’m doing maths physics and compsci this year.
someone in my school has an offer from edin for geography, i’m still waiting on mine.
i quite liked it at the open day, i went last year when i was in s5 just to see what it’d be like. the speaker was very slow but the subject interested me. i live here and it’s a beautiful city, not my top choice bc i want to move out but i would still consider choosing it.

good luck to anyone applying :smile:
Reply 34
hey, I applied for physics with a year abroad. I’m taking AH physics, maths, chemistry and history this year :smile:
I really enjoyed it! hope you have a great time :smile:
Original post by consulting-cinde
hi I’m also applying for French and Politics how was the open day I’m going this week?
im applying for psychology- anyone else? :smile:
I'm applying for a MEng mechanical engineering course, I'm going to the open day on the 28th. I'm very interested in studying at Edinburgh but I'm so afraid of how competitive it is. 😭
Reply 38
I sent in my application through UCAS over a week ago. So far I've only had the confirmation email from Edinburgh, and two offers (Bristol and Cardiff), but I've heard Edinburgh can take a while to give offers.
Reply 39
Hi everyone! I am applying for PPE with study abroad. I study Politics, Economics and Maths with predicted 3 A*s. I am also applying to Oxford, LSE, Exeter,Bath, McGill and Bocconi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending