The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Pollock halls accomodation edinburgh uni

I’m currently deciding on accommodation and I think I’m going to go catered, but the only catered accommodation at edinburgh is pollock… What’s pollock halls like? Is it true that it’s really posh and a lot of people feel out of place living there?
I'm worried about the same thing... From what I have heard Chancellors is the nicest but has the worst reputation so a lot of people say it isn't worth going there, that being said I have also seen good reviews so it depends on whether you find your people. I have a friend who was in grant house and had a great time, I think catered can be good if you find the right group. Grant, Ewing, Baird, Lee and Turner all look pretty much the same. I have been told don't go for John Burnett as it has a persisting reputation each year for being quite anti-social and not connected with the rest of the houses. I have also seen quite a few videos of people transferring out of Pollock because they hated it, worst-case scenario transferring is always an option. The people change every year so although it does have a reputation for being posh, chances are there are at least a few people who you will fit in with.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous#13
I'm worried about the same thing... From what I have heard Chancellors is the nicest but has the worst reputation so a lot of people say it isn't worth going there, that being said I have also seen good reviews so it depends on whether you find your people. I have a friend who was in grant house and had a great time, I think catered can be good if you find the right group. Grant, Ewing, Baird, Lee and Turner all look pretty much the same. I have been told don't go for John Burnett as it has a persisting reputation each year for being quite anti-social and not connected with the rest of the houses. I have also seen quite a few videos of people transferring out of Pollock because they hated it, worst-case scenario transferring is always an option. The people change every year so although it does have a reputation for being posh, chances are there are at least a few people who you will fit in with.

Just applied to grant, lee, Baird, turner and Ewing! Hopefully it’s not bad
Original post by cammy5
Just applied to grant, lee, Baird, turner and Ewing! Hopefully it’s not bad

I applied to Ewing, Turner and Grant. I ended up putting chancellors and holland on there (I'm hoping that if I get one of those the room will be nice enough to make up for the reputation and I can always rely on the food hall for making friends if I don't get on well with the people).
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous#13
I applied to Ewing, Turner and Grant. I ended up putting chancellors and holland on there (I'm hoping that if I get one of those the room will be nice enough to make up for the reputation and I can always rely on the food hall for making friends if I don't get on well with the people).

See you in September!
Reply 5
Original post by cammy5
I’m currently deciding on accommodation and I think I’m going to go catered, but the only catered accommodation at edinburgh is pollock… What’s pollock halls like? Is it true that it’s really posh and a lot of people feel out of place living there?

Hi im starting a gc for holland house (part of pollock halls) if you are looking to get to know people. link >> https://chat.whatsapp.com/EoMGUCfGXQSI5fOTIZVEEj
Original post by danielbn05
Hi im starting a gc for holland house (part of pollock halls) if you are looking to get to know people. link >> https://chat.whatsapp.com/EoMGUCfGXQSI5fOTIZVEEj

Does everyone have their room numbers for Holland house?
Is holland house a good place to stay ?
Reply 8
John Burnett is very true, not standing for the chancellors slander though, it’s a great place! Definitely worth going to, the stereotype is somewhat true but definitely exaggerated.
was wondering if you could all give updates on what you think is the best pollock hall, I'm looking at applying to chancellors holland and 3 of the tower ones what are the best ones. Are chancellors and holland good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending