The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh 2024 Chinese (MA) offers?

Hiiii! I’m applying for Chinese at Edinburgh but haven’t heard back and don’t know if anyone else has? Man the wait is killing me-

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mickey25
Hiiii! I’m applying for Chinese at Edinburgh but haven’t heard back and don’t know if anyone else has? Man the wait is killing me-
hi ! i also applied for chinese (also japanese) and i have yet to hear back too... i am a scottish student so that might be part of the reason. hopefully we get something back soon😭😭😭
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by quinx
hi ! i also applied for chinese (also japanese) and i have yet to hear back too... i am a scottish student so that might be part of the reason. hopefully we get something back soon😭😭😭
Ahhhhh I haven't heard anyone get a response just yet, who has applied for it. I'm sure we'll get it soon tho 💪😤 加油!
I know I'm a bit late, but has anyone heard back yet? I applied on the early entry deadline for Chinese and French, seems French is sending out offers atm but I haven't seen any Chinese offers. Got my fingers crossed but waiting 7-ish months has been painfulllll
Reply 4
I still haven’t heard either!! But I’ve heard that other departments have been sending out offers recently so hopefully sometime soon 👀
Reply 5
I still haven’t heard either!! But I’ve heard that other departments have been sending out offers recently so hopefully sometime soon 👀

Must just be Chinese being slow I guess hahahaha, I'm desperately hoping for an offer soon tho cause this wait is killing me. Why is it my first choice that takes the longest ahahahaha
Reply 6
FACTS!! If I’m waiting for a response for this long, it better be good news. You never know, they could just be so taken aback by our applications that they needed some time to recuperate from witnessing such artistry. Never know, they could be building a whole museum in honour of us 😌
Reply 7
FACTS!! If I’m waiting for a response for this long, it better be good news. You never know, they could just be so taken aback by our applications that they needed some time to recuperate from witnessing such artistry. Never know, they could be building a whole museum in honour of us 😌

That's 100% what they're doing!! I mean, I've got like a two week streak on Duolingo for Chinese (it was longer I PROMISE), so I bet they're just having a marvel at that because it's pretty impressive if I say so myself. Probably building us our own accomodation block 😎
Reply 8
Please, how could they refuse when I have the Chinese keyboard installed on my phone? Man that accommodation block is going to be so swanky. What I’m picturing is four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with a bath tub and marble floors, a living room, billiards room, kitchen and a guest bedroom in addition to the study. Gonna be in one of those fancy gothic houses, yup, it’s all coming together now.
Reply 9
Please, how could they refuse when I have the Chinese keyboard installed on my phone? Man that accommodation block is going to be so swanky. What I’m picturing is four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with a bath tub and marble floors, a living room, billiards room, kitchen and a guest bedroom in addition to the study. Gonna be in one of those fancy gothic houses, yup, it’s all coming together now.

Omg yes, I'm sure it's super easy to get planning for a gothic mansion in Edinburgh. I mean, I have my level 1 HSK qualification (it's basically just like "that is a cup"), so if they aren't rolling out the red carpet for me it's just not enough! Honestly tho, slightly concerned about accomodation prices so might just have to find some gothic mansion somewhere to squat in ahahahahaha
Reply 10
Man i looked up the options for accommodation yesterday and..... it was very sobering. But doesn't matter because we will have our private gothic mansions
Man i looked up the options for accommodation yesterday and..... it was very sobering. But doesn't matter because we will have our private gothic mansions

So true! I mean, bills might cost just a teensy bit based on the size of the mansions, but I'm sure they'll want us so badly they'll just comp them for us!! Honestly the thought of waiting potentially 21 more days for an offer is horrifying. I mean last year, only like 80 people applied, yet my friend's gotten a DT offer before me (1600 people applied for DT last year hahahaha). Just hoping it'll be worth the wait!!
Reply 12
I’m sure it’ll come in the next few weeks. What I mean by that it’s it better not come on the very last day because i am just so tired of waiting. What makes it worse is my friend heard from them in October…..what on Earth honestly (they are applying for geography). I haven’t heard anyone else getting offers from this department so at least we are all in this together ✊😔
I’m sure it’ll come in the next few weeks. What I mean by that it’s it better not come on the very last day because i am just so tired of waiting. What makes it worse is my friend heard from them in October…..what on Earth honestly (they are applying for geography). I haven’t heard anyone else getting offers from this department so at least we are all in this together ✊😔

Omg they heard in OCTOBER? All my friends have put in their firm and backup choices so I'm glad I've found someone else who is in the same boat ahahahaha. I'm just hoping it comes before the 24th cause I believe that's when the first offer holder day is.
Reply 14
Honestly, I remember being like 'O, my friend has heard from it on October, it must be just hyperbole what everyone is saying about Edinburgh offers coming in late'...o how naive you were past self...
I've also talked to quite a few people who have applied to different departments (eg. classics) but also someone who is applying for Japanese and they haven't heard anything either. I'm sure they will send it before the 24th, I mean come on now, that would be my 13th reason (obviously jk)
Honestly, I remember being like 'O, my friend has heard from it on October, it must be just hyperbole what everyone is saying about Edinburgh offers coming in late'...o how naive you were past self...
I've also talked to quite a few people who have applied to different departments (eg. classics) but also someone who is applying for Japanese and they haven't heard anything either. I'm sure they will send it before the 24th, I mean come on now, that would be my 13th reason (obviously jk)

The worst part is, if it doesn't come before the 24th, then the next offer holder days will either be very close or during A-levels which is mildly unfortunate as I probably won't be able to go ahahahahha. But as you say, I'm sure it'll come before then! But if not, I've heard nothing but great things about this course and I'd still put it as my first choice hahahaha.
Reply 16
I'm sure they wouldn't do that because, I mean, its us they are obviously going to give offers to. But seriously, it will all work out in the end, even if they don't give each of us a private class 1 gothic mansion
I'm sure they wouldn't do that because, I mean, its us they are obviously going to give offers to. But seriously, it will all work out in the end, even if they don't give each of us a private class 1 gothic mansion

Well, if / when I get my offer, I'll pop it on here and I can either lament my loss of my own private gothic mansion or celebrate my imminent gaining of one ahahahahaha. Ive got my fingers crossed for you tho!! Who knows, might even see you on the offer holder day ahahahahaha
hello guys😎 i applied for chinese and japanese (scottish """mature student"''"... which is kind of insulting as i literally only turn 21 tomorrow LMFAO). i applied in october and i am on the brink of madness but i just got off the live chat and i am praying that this'll allow for me to get a response sooner. hopefully we are all able to get our gothic mansions soon... optimal place to listen to malice mizer.
Original post by Anonymous
hello guys😎 i applied for chinese and japanese (scottish """mature student"''"... which is kind of insulting as i literally only turn 21 tomorrow LMFAO). i applied in october and i am on the brink of madness but i just got off the live chat and i am praying that this'll allow for me to get a response sooner. hopefully we are all able to get our gothic mansions soon... optimal place to listen to malice mizer.

First of all, I had no idea that mature students could be that young??? I mean you're what, just under three years older than me, that's so weird! But yes, on the brink of madness is definitely how I'd describe my state of being too. As you say though, soon we'll be living it up in gothic mansions. Imagine the house parties!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending