The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for BSc astrophysics, I'm english and predicted 4A* in maths, fm, physics, geology and A in epq
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by sandrasandi
I'm applying for BSc astrophysics, I'm english and predicted 4A* in maths, fm, physics, geology and A in epq

Wow! Such an interesting combo! I didn't even know Geology was an option at A-level. Our school doesn't offer it.
Original post by Anonymous
Wow! Such an interesting combo! I didn't even know Geology was an option at A-level. Our school doesn't offer it.

yeah i think my school is one of the only in the country to offer it
yeah i think my school is one of the only in the country to offer it

What school is that if you don't mind me asking? And are you having to learn the content yourself or do you have teachers who actually teach this subject?
What school is that if you don't mind me asking? And are you having to learn the content yourself or do you have teachers who actually teach this subject?

hills road, its got like 36 a level subjects. and ye we have an actual teacher for it, i think hes the only one in our county or smth
hills road, its got like 36 a level subjects. and ye we have an actual teacher for it, i think hes the only one in our county or smth

Wow! 36! I think my school has like 22-24 A-level subjects but some classes (such as languages etc.) aren't as subscribed where we have like 2 people in a class and it's the only class in the year. Other classes like Chemistry and Maths have like 8+ classes with ~ 16 students per class
Reply 66
Hi!, applying for PPE, currently doing the IB with 39 overall and 666 at HL
Reply 67
Got an offer for 2nd year entry maths yesterday, Over the moon!
Reply 68
Got an offer for biochem!! 🙏
Hi, i've applied for English lit and I do English lit politics and geography :smile:
Did anyone receive confirmation of fee status before offer/rejection ? On Euclid it says "predicted fee status".
Other Scottish unis I have applied to have confirmed my fee status, I haven't heard anything from Edinburg.
Reply 71
Hi i got a message on Euclid a couple of days ago (four weeks after i applied) to check my fee status and others personal details (but the link to Track work!). It all looks correct on UCAS and the portal so not sure if it meant anything or just usual process at this point
Did anyone receive confirmation of fee status before offer/rejection ? On Euclid it says "predicted fee status".
Other Scottish unis I have applied to have confirmed my fee status, I haven't heard anything from Edinburg.
hey, I just received a message to check my personal details on Euclid. It's probably just the usual process though. Good luck !

Original post by Jkbjack
Hi i got a message on Euclid a couple of days ago (four weeks after i applied) to check my fee status and others personal details (but the link to Track work!). It all looks correct on UCAS and the portal so not sure if it meant anything or just usual process at this point
Reply 73
hey, I just received a message to check my personal details on Euclid. It's probably just the usual process though. Good luck !

Does the link from your personal details to UCAS track work? Mine doesn’t
Mine doesn't work. I have been trying for the past 3 days since I got the message from them.
Original post by Jkbjack
https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/Login.jsp is the link I have in the portal but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else get it to work?
I've also tried it on all web browsers - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera GX - and it still doesn't work.
mine doesn't either
Original post by Jkbjack
I've also tried it on all web browsers - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera GX - and it still doesn't work.

i've just looked at ucas itself and that says my application is currently unavailable, when i clicked on the arrow it looks like it will be back up and running on the 6th of november from midnight
hi! i've applied for mathematical physics and am predicted 4A* and have an EPQ at A*. does anyone have an idea of the timescale of offers? i know edinburgh tends to wait a while before offering but i've seen a few people have offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending