The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hjy77
Got an offer for biochem!! 🙏

I’m also applying for biochemistry and was wondering if you are a Scottish or RUK student and when did you send your UCAS off?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 81
Im a UK student so RUK and I applied on 16th October cuz I also applied to med schools 😊
Original post by Hjy77
Im a UK student so RUK and I applied on 16th October cuz I also applied to med schools 😊

Congrats and good luck for your med choices !! if you don't mind, did they send any confirmation of fee status before the offer ?
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats and good luck for your med choices !! if you don't mind, did they send any confirmation of fee status before the offer ?

hi, i haven't got an offer yet but i do have confirmation of fee status on euclid, that came through for me on the 1st of november
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous #1

Nice going! I too sent my application in 4 weeks ago and got an offer from Edinburgh 10 days ago to study Computer Science. I am a England student with 4 A-levels predicted 4 A*s and also an A* in EPQ.

I think different departments take different amounts of time and my school somehow found out without me telling them and they were telling me it is extremely rare for them to send an offer out this early. In previous years, people at my school who applied for competitive courses here, like medicine for example, didn't receive offers till January.

[redacted]
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous #1

Nice going! I too sent my application in 4 weeks ago and got an offer from Edinburgh 10 days ago to study Computer Science. I am a England student with 4 A-levels predicted 4 A*s and also an A* in EPQ.

I think different departments take different amounts of time and my school somehow found out without me telling them and they were telling me it is extremely rare for them to send an offer out this early. In previous years, people at my school who applied for competitive courses here, like medicine for example, didn't receive offers till January.

I also sent mine 4 weeks ago 🤣
Original post by funny-liquid
i’ve applied for a couple of different courses within the realm of linguistics and anthropology (very different courses but maybe i’ll see you somewhere next year!)

i got an offer for linguistics at york too!! stressed that edi take so long to reply. apparently it can be up until the 18th may
Original post by papertowns23

i got an offer for linguistics at york too!! stressed that edi take so long to reply. apparently it can be up until the 18th may

ive been trying to find any evidence of different faculties being faster (as in whether linguistics are likely to give offers faster than others or not) but i can’t find anything! i’ve now had offers from leeds and manchester too, but it’s very frustrating having two notoriously late unis as my top two choices! (durham and edi)
ive been trying to find any evidence of different faculties being faster (as in whether linguistics are likely to give offers faster than others or not) but i can’t find anything! i’ve now had offers from leeds and manchester too, but it’s very frustrating having two notoriously late unis as my top two choices! (durham and edi)

a lot of the people i know that are receiving loads of offers are STEM based subjects. i think humanities generally take longer, no matter the uni for some reason. i've had offers from cardiff, york, and manchester but still waiting on edinburgh. the only offers for edi or durham ive seen so far are definitely not for linguistics/english-y subjects:smile:

a lot of the people i know that are receiving loads of offers are STEM based subjects. i think humanities generally take longer, no matter the uni for some reason. i've had offers from cardiff, york, and manchester but still waiting on edinburgh. the only offers for edi or durham ive seen so far are definitely not for linguistics/english-y subjects:smile:

yeah definitely! hopefully they start soon but im not holding my breath! is your course straight linguistics? i’ve gone for a joint honours with social anthropology so im unsure whether it’ll be any different for that

one of the admissions staff at the edi open day said humanities are unlikely to start till after the regular entry deadline (january) and the majority will come out april time so i’d guess linguistics would fall under that category! facing the same frustration with durham and edinburgh :frown:

You say that but Imperial has only sent offers out to JMC candidates and people who have already achieved A level grades.

i am a stem student and haven't heard anything from either edi or durham🥲. durham is notoriously late though, i live nearby and so have gone to a few open days but when i spoke to the admissions team they said they tend to look after the january deadline

i have no idea about edinburgh though but im hoping i hear back from them soon for physics. congrats on your offers!

update!! just had my durham offer 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi, sorry if this has already been asked - but is there an offers spreadsheet for Edi? I can't see one
Original post by Anonymous #9
Hi, sorry if this has already been asked - but is there an offers spreadsheet for Edi? I can't see one

i don’t believe it’s been made yet! would love it if i’m wrong though haha
Reply 95
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Edinburgh.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi, I've applied for PPE at Oxford, Edinburgh, Durham and LSE and Economics and IR at St Andrews. I take AH Chem, AH English, AH Maths and AH Latin this year :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by consulting-cinde
me too are you a Scottish applicant?

I'm English xx
Original post by Femaiden
Got an offer for 2nd year entry maths yesterday, Over the moon!

what was your offer?

I applied for first year entry maths, and they offered me A*A*A as the conditions, which is higher than the standard offer for first year entry (even though I go to a state school)
Reply 98
Original post by Anonymous
what was your offer?

I applied for first year entry maths, and they offered me A*A*A as the conditions, which is higher than the standard offer for first year entry (even though I go to a state school)

Edinburgh uni entry requirements are the grades you need in order to be considered for entry. They are not an indication of the offer you might be given. Their website explains this:
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/entry-requirements/our-requirements
Original post by S1098

Edinburgh uni entry requirements are the grades you need in order to be considered for entry. They are not an indication of the offer you might be given. Their website explains this:
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/entry-requirements/our-requirements

i am just curious - my offers from bristol and manchester are the same/lower than the grades on their websites

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending