The Student Room Group

can't stand student finance anymore

every time i call a different advisor picks up and tells me something different about my application and now i don't know what to do, i have to waited up to 30 minutes for someone to even answer phone and then half the time i don't get anywhere or im placed on hold for most the call just to be told the same things over again

i have been calling about my parents evidence because there has been some issues, the first advisor i talked to said the evidence looked right and that he would refer me to get reassesed, i called again a few days later to get an update and the second advisor that answered asking for the same evidence we sent in or to write a letter explaining why we didn't have it? then i called again hoping for a definitive answer and got told my parents should fill out a pff2 form (which looks familiar but i don't remember if we have completed it)

im worried because this has been getting dragged out for so long and i don't understand why im getting told seperate things or why they couldn't ask for this any sooner ?? they changed my maintenance loan to the basic amount (after giving me a higher amount first) which doesn't even cover my rent i have no idea how im going to afford anything when my parents aren't in a position where they can help out
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by astrostial
every time i call a different advisor picks up and tells me something different about my application and now i don't know what to do, i have to waited up to 30 minutes for someone to even answer phone and then half the time i don't get anywhere or im placed on hold for most the call just to be told the same things over again

i have been calling about my parents evidence because there has been some issues, the first advisor i talked to said the evidence looked right and that he would refer me to get reassesed, i called again a few days later to get an update and the second advisor that answered asking for the same evidence we sent in or to write a letter explaining why we didn't have it? then i called again hoping for a definitive answer and got told my parents should fill out a pff2 form (which looks familiar but i don't remember if we have completed it)

im worried because this has been getting dragged out for so long and i don't understand why im getting told seperate things or why they couldn't ask for this any sooner ?? they changed my maintenance loan to the basic amount (after giving me a higher amount first) which doesn't even cover my rent i have no idea how im going to afford anything when my parents aren't in a position where they can help out

The best way to contact SFE is to use the live chat function when you are logged in to your account. It is available during office hours and the staff appear to be more experienced than those manning the phone line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending