The Student Room Group

Suspending and starting a new course next year

I was due to take a year abroad, but can't anymore due to personal circumstances. However I've had to transfer from my current languages course to one with a compulsory dissertation (not much difference apart from that and with a different title). However, the uni told me that the transfer won't be actioned until the start of the next academic year so how do I apply for student finance given my student finance for last year would be incorrect in terms of tuition fees.

They told me I would need to come back on my current course before they can action the transfer (a year abroad year vs. my final year of university), but I should be in my final year of university and need to apply for full tuition fees. Somebody help me ahhh

How do I receive the correct tuition fee amount if they can't action my transfer until I return to university in september? Surely I need to apply before the end of May
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi there. Can you please confirm the name of the course you are on and the university? What intake month are you on, and how many years is the new course? What year are you on currently? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Hi, I'm studying BA German and Russian, Bristol University- have transferred from 3rd year (year abroad German and russian) to 3rd year Modern Language studies (only one year). I suspended studies last august before my 3rd year started.
Original post by mh1603
Hi, I'm studying BA German and Russian, Bristol University- have transferred from 3rd year (year abroad German and russian) to 3rd year Modern Language studies (only one year). I suspended studies last august before my 3rd year started.

Hi there,

So you did not study at all for the 3rd year that you were supposed to be abroad? Have you taken a gap year and will return this September?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

So you did not study at all for the 3rd year that you were supposed to be abroad? Have you taken a gap year and will return this September?

Thanks, Drew

Hi, yes that's correct
Original post by mh1603
Hi, yes that's correct

Hi there,

When the applications open you will apply as normal on your online account except you will change the course details. When we see that you are not on a placement year we can assess your for the £9250 for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending