The Student Room Group

MAFSUK 2023 Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Scotney
😂 So we did but no wonder it was a ridiculous pairing.Honestly they need to get the first dates team pairing these guys up.They would do a far better job!

It was a crazy pairing. Wth were the experts thinking?
Original post by Cote1
It was a crazy pairing. Wth were the experts thinking?

They probably wanted some drama. The matches are not great.
Reply 22
Original post by Wired_1800
They probably wanted some drama. The matches are not great.

I am sure that the producers do.

It is just that the experts are professionals and do seem genuine and they always look so happy with their decisions.:biggrin:

Would be interesting to know if the producers give them a very limited choice.

I mean, who would pair a partying DJ out till 5 am with an ultra conservative Christian single mother who wants to stay in every night ....
Original post by Cote1
I am sure that the producers do.

It is just that the experts are professionals and do seem genuine and they always look so happy with their decisions.:biggrin:

Would be interesting to know if the producers give them a very limited choice.

I mean, who would pair a partying DJ out till 5 am with an ultra conservative Christian single mother who wants to stay in every night ....

I wondered the same too. One would think that compatibility checks were performed before the pairing.
Reply 24
Honestly it must be deliberately done.As I said before the only other explanation is that they only have 16 people apply so it is the best of a bad job!
Reply 25
Assumptions thus far:
Jay and Luke are likely a good match, same for the two people who like meditation (forgot their names sorry but I loved their wedding)
Not getting good vibes from either Nathaniel or Ella. Ella was being a bit too much for him (slow and steady wins the race), and Nathaniel freaked out a bit too much and revealed on TV that she was a Stripper. Whether she is still a stripper or not I don't know. I personally wouldn't date someone who strips but if its in the past its in the past.

Also Terence and Porscha are a complete mismatch, two different lifestyles.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 26
Original post by pvking625
Assumptions thus far:
Jay and Luke are likely a good match, same for the two people who like meditation (forgot their names sorry but I loved their wedding)
Not getting good vibes from either Nathaniel or Ella. Ella was being a bit too much for him (slow and steady wins the race), and Nathaniel freaked out a bit too much and revealed on TV that she was a Stripper. Whether she is still a stripper or not I don't know. I personally wouldn't date someone who strips but if its in the past its in the past.

Also Terence and Porscha are a complete mismatch, two different lifestyles.

Terence and Porscha - what an absolute joke of a pairing.

Nathaniel should not get angry with her about the stripper thing. If he didn’t want to be paired with a stripper that is the producers at fault (unless Ella lied).

They clearly can't stand each other now.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Cote1
Terence and Porscha - what an absolute joke of a pairing.

Nathaniel should not get angry with her about the stripper thing. If he didn’t want to be paired with a stripper that is the producers at fault (unless Ella lied).

They clearly can't stand each other now.

There was a lovely guy last time who was a dream boys type stripper.His wife was also horrified.But you are correct it is a question that should be asked
Reply 28
Original post by Scotney
There was a lovely guy last time who was a dream boys type stripper.His wife was also horrified.But you are correct it is a question that should be asked

Also the DJ having 3 children with at least 2 different women and still acting like he is 25 would be the biggest red flag to me.He is not going to change now.
Reply 29
Original post by Scotney

I only said the producers should ask about it because Nathaniel has apparently said it was the one thing he told them he felt strongly against. Well, he said the sex industry so he obviously saw stripping as that. I don't necessarily think it is otherwise relevant if someone has done stripping. It wouldn't bother me but for him it was apparently a red line.

He was a lovely man last year.
Reply 30
Original post by Scotney
Also the DJ having 3 children with at least 2 different women and still acting like he is 25 would be the biggest red flag to me.He is not going to change now.

True. And he's cheated a couple of times that he's admitted to.
Reply 31
Original post by Cote1
True. And he's cheated a couple of times that he's admitted to.

Yes I missed that detail out So basically her worst nightmare come true?
Reply 32
Original post by Scotney
Yes I missed that detail out So basically her worst nightmare come true?

Off topic but did you watch Your Mum,My Dad?I thought it was really well done actuslly.Very gentle and sensitive unlike MAFSUK.
Reply 33
Original post by Scotney
Off topic but did you watch Your Mum,My Dad?I thought it was really well done actuslly.Very gentle and sensitive unlike MAFSUK.

I certainly did!

I really liked it. Two couples are still together.

Their children were impressive.
Reply 34
Original post by Cote1
I certainly did!

I really liked it. Two couples are still together.

Their children were impressive.

Yes I liked it too.They have an Australian version on ITVX which similar but kids have to do challenges to win dates for their parents etc.I think UK version was nicer.The kids were so sensitive towards each other and the parents
Reply 35
Original post by Scotney
Yes I liked it too.They have an Australian version on ITVX which similar but kids have to do challenges to win dates for their parents etc.I think UK version was nicer.The kids were so sensitive towards each other and the parents

I was thinking of trying the Australian one.

Yes the kids were great. I felt sorry for the son of the flirty Martin.
Reply 36
Original post by Cote1
I was thinking of trying the Australian one.

Yes the kids were great. I felt sorry for the son of the flirty Martin.

I mean whatever attractiveness Martin may have irl had was lost in translation through the TV!
The poor son looked like he had seen it all before unfortunately.
Reply 37
Georges comes across a bit childish. I mean I'm not surprised Peggy wasn't impressed with his story about electrocuting his own nipples with one of those fly swatters.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 38
Original post by pvking625
Georges comes across a bit childish. I mean I'm not surprised Peggy wasn't impressed with his story about electrocuting his own nipples with one of those fly swatters.

:biggrin:

He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut
Reply 39
Original post by Scotney
I mean whatever attractiveness Martin may have irl had was lost in translation through the TV!
The poor son looked like he had seen it all before unfortunately.

I must say, I thought the first Martin was much nicer and more attractive. Heaven knows why the two women were drawn to the other Martin.

Quick Reply

Latest