The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Is the OU good?

I dropped out of university. I wasn't enjoying the course or the atmosphere but now I'm in a job I'm thinking of studying something different via the OU. Is the OU a decent university? Is anOU degree still valued like a degree from any other university?
hi, yes, the OU is good for people who dislike going to a brick uni. you can also choose to do part-time or full-time. they’re really flexible, for example, you can study part-time for two years and then do full-time for three years. so you can go at your own pace. you can also work alongside and earn money.
what degree are you hoping to study?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by alevelstudent090
hi, yes, the OU is good for people who dislike going to a brick uni. you can also choose to do part-time or full-time. they’re really flexible, for example, you can study part-time for two years and then do full-time for three years. so you can go at your own pace. you can also work alongside and earn money.
what degree are you hoping to study?

I'm hoping to study PPE - Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Original post by Anonymous
I'm hoping to study PPE - Politics, Philosophy and Economics

yes, you should definitely consider studying with the OU. you can register for the Feb 2024 course if you choose to or wait until Sep. the degree should be respected as the OU is respected itself.
Original post by Anonymous
I dropped out of university. I wasn't enjoying the course or the atmosphere but now I'm in a job I'm thinking of studying something different via the OU. Is the OU a decent university? Is anOU degree still valued like a degree from any other university?

Hi there,

Yes it is most definitely worth studying with the OU.

The degree is as respected as anywhere else.

Also, as someone has said above, it is very flexible. With being predominantly online, you're able to fit a studying around working and other commitments which is obviously extremely useful.

I have just a started studying there, and my experience so far has been great! I couldn't ask for better support, communication, and general organisation.

Quick Reply

Latest