The Student Room Group

Change from SFE-eligible course to a non-SFE eligible course.

Good Morning,

I am on an LLM course that combines a PGDL and another course. I study the PGDL first and then continue into the second course. This course is eligible for student finance which I am currently in receipt of.
The straight PGDL course at my university is not covered or eligible for funding my SFE.

I am struggling and want to finish after the PGDL and not continue on to achieve the full LLM. This would be a change of course to just the PGDL which is not covered by SFE.

How would SFE treat this? Would I get into trouble? Would I be liable to repay all the payments I've received to cover the PGDL immediately or will I repay that like my undergraduate?

Thank you for your help.
Original post by hurricaneellin
Good Morning,

I am on an LLM course that combines a PGDL and another course. I study the PGDL first and then continue into the second course. This course is eligible for student finance which I am currently in receipt of.
The straight PGDL course at my university is not covered or eligible for funding my SFE.

I am struggling and want to finish after the PGDL and not continue on to achieve the full LLM. This would be a change of course to just the PGDL which is not covered by SFE.

How would SFE treat this? Would I get into trouble? Would I be liable to repay all the payments I've received to cover the PGDL immediately or will I repay that like my undergraduate?

Thank you for your help.

Hi there,

Has your course began yet or when is this due to start? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Has your course began yet or when is this due to start? Thanks, Jason

It's already started.
It's already started.

Thanks. If you're not going to continue the course covered by us then we would need the university to send us over a 'change of circumstance' to block any further funding and to reassess your entitlement for that year. This ensures no further payments are made to the university. For the funding, was it both a tuition and maintenance loan you were granted? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. If you're not going to continue the course covered by us then we would need the university to send us over a 'change of circumstance' to block any further funding and to reassess your entitlement for that year. This ensures no further payments are made to the university. For the funding, was it both a tuition and maintenance loan you were granted? Thanks, Jason

Thank you Jason. :smile: its the masters loan, so its come just as one lump sum to my account.
Thank you Jason. :smile: its the masters loan, so its come just as one lump sum to my account.

Hi there,

Thank you. If you have been paid, it might be best to keep a hold of this to pay it back straight away or you will be contacted regarding any overpayment you owe. I have provided our contact details for repayment if you have any further questions. If you prefer to communicate to them via chat then you can message them on Twitter https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=806835849916719104 or Facebook http://m.me/SLCRepayment - alternatively they are also available on the phone, their number is 0300 100 0611.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending