The Student Room Group

please recommend apprenticeships to do with art & design and fashion & textiles

i'm in my last year S6. for my highers i got CCCD and a B for a course called creative thinking. i didn't do very good i know that so i really need someone to recommend me art & design or fashion & textiles apprenticeship. i really want to go to a uni that has creative art textiles fashion type of courses. for context im actually really good at art i know this because i got A band 1, for my Nat 5 and higher expressive folio and A band 2, for my design, but i messed up in the written exam which made me drop to a C band 5.
please help because I've started my personal statement and dont have any work experiences to put down while all my friends have about 3 that they've done from school.
(Edit)
I’m leaps eligible and got a conditional offer from Herriot watt university and the grades I need to get in at BBBB OR BBB C for AH ART
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by eLychi
i'm in my last year S6. for my highers i got CCCD and a B for a course called creative thinking. i didn't do very good i know that so i really need someone to recommend me art & design or fashion & textiles apprenticeship. i really want to go to a uni that has creative art textiles fashion type of courses. for context im actually really good at art i know this because i got A band 1, for my Nat 5 and higher expressive folio and A band 2, for my design, but i messed up in the written exam which made me drop to a C band 5.
please help because I've started my personal statement and dont have any work experiences to put down while all my friends have about 3 that they've done from school.

I'd suggest you look at art HNC or HND courses at colleges. They can lead on to degree course. If you are in Edinburgh there is also a foundation diploma course at Edinburgh college. They'll help you gain extra experience and qualifications to get into art courses at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest