The Student Room Group

Should I finish A-levels FM??

Last year i decided to take A-Levels in Geography, Economics, Maths and Further Maths, with the intention of applying for Maths and Economics at Bath uni. However, since year 12, I have fallen out of love for Maths and just want to study Economics at university and so no longer need FM. My prdicted grades for my other subjests are AAA. I feel I have 3 options but dont know what to do:
1) Stick with FM and aim for their Alternative offer of AAAB (B in FM)
2) My school did not take the AS exam for FM, but I may be able to take it in year 13, In the case I could aim for the offer of AAAA (A in AS FM)
3)Drop FM entirely, despite learning much of the 1st year, I could drop FM and ask my Maths teach if I could get an A* predicted in Maths and then aim for the main offer of A*AA.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Original post by FlyingAir
Last year i decided to take A-Levels in Geography, Economics, Maths and Further Maths, with the intention of applying for Maths and Economics at Bath uni. However, since year 12, I have fallen out of love for Maths and just want to study Economics at university and so no longer need FM. My prdicted grades for my other subjests are AAA. I feel I have 3 options but dont know what to do:
1) Stick with FM and aim for their Alternative offer of AAAB (B in FM)
2) My school did not take the AS exam for FM, but I may be able to take it in year 13, In the case I could aim for the offer of AAAA (A in AS FM)
3)Drop FM entirely, despite learning much of the 1st year, I could drop FM and ask my Maths teach if I could get an A* predicted in Maths and then aim for the main offer of A*AA.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

If you are aiming for the best uni's for economics, it might be worth sticking with FM since many of them like it. When I say top, I mean uni's like oxford and lse. If not, you could either do the AS or drop it completely depending on how you feel your other subjects are going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending