The Student Room Group

Edexcel Alevel Politics

Hi I have just started Alevel politics!
I am finding it difficult because it’s a subject that I am struggling to keep up with it as I feel like there isn’t a structure to the lesson!

Anyone else feel like this and how can I stay on top as I find it a very fast subject!
Reply 1
Organise Your Notes: Take clear and organised notes during class. Create a system that works for you, whether it's using digital note-taking apps or traditional notebooks. Make sure to date your notes and include headings to help you find specific topics later.

Review Regularly: Set aside time each week to review your notes and readings. Consistent revision will reinforce your understanding of the material and help you remember key concepts.

Create Study Guides: Summarise important topics and concepts in study guides or flashcards. These condensed notes can be helpful for quick reviews before exams.

Ask Questions: Don't hesitate to ask your teacher or classmates questions when you're unsure about something. A-level teachers are usually happy to provide clarification and additional resources.

Seek Supplementary Materials: Look for supplementary materials such as textbooks, online articles, and videos that can provide alternative explanations and perspectives on political concepts. These can complement your class materials.

Participate in Discussions: Engage actively in class discussions and debates. Sharing your thoughts and hearing different viewpoints can enhance your understanding of political topics.

Practice Essay Writing: A significant part of A-level politics involves essay writing. Practice structuring and writing essays to improve your analytical and argumentative skills. Ask your teacher for feedback on your essays.

Stay Informed: Politics is a subject that is continually evolving. Stay updated with current events, political developments, and policy changes that relate to your course topics. This will provide real-world context to your studies.

Study Groups: Consider forming or joining study groups with classmates. Collaborative learning can help you grasp complex concepts and offer different perspectives on the material.

Time Management: Create a study schedule to allocate sufficient time to each topic. This will help you stay organised and ensure you cover all necessary material.

Practice Past Papers: Use past exam papers to practice answering questions in exam conditions. This will familiarise you with the exam format and help you identify areas where you may need more preparation.

Self-Assessment: Periodically assess your own progress. Identify areas where you feel confident and those where you need improvement, and adjust your study focus accordingly.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest