The Student Room Group

Can I go to a college for A levels at 18?

Currently I am 17, however, I would be 18 when I will start my A levels. As right now students are applying to sixth form colleges, I decided to do the same however the sixth forms colleges have started to reject my enrolment application because of my age. They are suggesting me to apply to an adult college and even though I wanted to study with students kinda my age but this can’t be the case. With this brief explanation I have two questions. 1) if I go to an adult college, would students there would be a lot older than me? And 2) would I be able to do A levels there and not those other courses they offer because on those adult college’s website I am not able to see A levels for 18+ students, when I click on the adult section of their site they offer some other courses.
Original post by Fatimaaa.
Currently I am 17, however, I would be 18 when I will start my A levels. As right now students are applying to sixth form colleges, I decided to do the same however the sixth forms colleges have started to reject my enrolment application because of my age. They are suggesting me to apply to an adult college and even though I wanted to study with students kinda my age but this can’t be the case. With this brief explanation I have two questions. 1) if I go to an adult college, would students there would be a lot older than me? And 2) would I be able to do A levels there and not those other courses they offer because on those adult college’s website I am not able to see A levels for 18+ students, when I click on the adult section of their site they offer some other courses.

don't worry mate you will not sit with adult, there will be a lot of people like you.
Original post by Fatimaaa.

I would recommend you buy the textbooks for Edexcel Maths, Edexcel Further Maths, AQA Chemistry and AQA Biology and then complete them in 12-18 months and apply for Medicine at Cambridge University, Imperial, UCL and KCL.

Or I could send you the eBooks and past papers, mark schemes and examiners reports as well as AQA Exampro of questions and mark schemes. 😉

Hundreds of candidates in their 20s, 30s and even 40s and few in their 50s and 60s, sit exams as Private Candidates/External Students each year at:

185 Campbell Harris College, High Street Kensington, London, W8 6SH. It is a short 5 minute walk from High Street Kensington tube station.

They don't ask questions about your GCSE grades or age or anything else, it is strictly about completing the application form and paying the exam registration fees.

Also, the exams officer Caleb, at Campbell Harris College, books very large halls for exams, and you can do any number of exams but only Edexcel, AQA, OCR, WJEC and EDUQAS.

How to register | Campbell Harris
(edited 2 months ago)
Yes u can a lot of adults go back and do exams especially if they want to advance in their career or change degree so college is the way to go
Good luck with everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending