The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Fourth Session

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:
Session Four 12th March 2024

Welcome to the fourth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep: You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:

I know a few regulars can’t make it this week, so those of us who are here will have to make sure we work extra hard to support each other! Share what you’re aiming to achieve for this evening’s study session and I’d also love to hear what’s the most interesting or surprising things you’ve learned so far this year :biggrin:

Good luck all! :badger:

Study Together Group

(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the fourth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep: You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:
I know a few regulars can’t make it this week, so those of us who are here will have to make sure we work extra hard to support each other! Share what you’re aiming to achieve for this evening’s study session and I’d also love to hear what’s the most interesting or surprising things you’ve learned so far this year :biggrin:

Study Together Group

More differentiation and integration this week!
Hello! I am going to do an AS Depth Chemistry Paper, and then mark it. If I have time afterwards I will revise my worst topics :biggrin:
To-Do List:
- inorganic chemistry (bonding of ligands to metal centres)
- Another lab report!
im going to be grinding away at the last parts of my EPQ - so team humanities!! :biggrin:
Heyyy
I’m gonna try to finish my food timeplan and hopefully do some cell biology revision

Good luck to everyone with their revision 🩶
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi! I’m going to work on my EPQ!
Ello ello late but here good luck everyone!
Original post by scar-the-queen
Hi! I’m going to work on my EPQ!
matching 😄😄 what is yours about?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hello! I am going to be finishing a lecture and making notes on some readings.
Original post by Pwca

Study Together Group

Heya! Here's my goals for this session:

10 mins social influence revision

10 mins IR chapter 15 revision

10 mins Gatsby chapter 4 revision

Finish notes from history lesson today - make notes on the historiography from John Guy

Update Issues and Debates flashcards

Start lit homework - poetry write up

After my lack of productivity last session, I've decided that to make this session better, I'll log off TSR to stop me procrastinating as scrolling on here was my main procrastination technique last time, and I'm also going to try out something recommended on a podcast about focus I listened to this morning (podcast is The Mindset Mentor by Rob Dial), which is to listen to one instrumental song on repeat whilst you're working :smile: GOTTA WORK HARD FOR TEAM HUMANITIES TODAY!

The most surprising thing I've learned this year is that our personality type can affect how we deal with stress and whether we're more prone to stress related illness or not (learned this literally last week in psychology) - I had no idea that this could be such a massive factor!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :party:
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey!!! Psychology test I was supposed to do last friday has been postponed to tomorrow cos half the class were having a law talk from someone (they all said it was boring).So gonna revise some of that (probably observations as I was on a trip for that lesson),also have geography test on friday (Rio, Birmingham, urbanisation) so might if i have time, do some revision for that. I wish everyone luck.
Sorry for being a bit late - I needed to run an errand!

I'm going to eat my tea first - tuna pasta bake this evening and then I will work on (and hopefully finish) my last ever core practical! I may also check student finance to see if it is working now.
Hello again everyone!! I will be doing a lot of chemistry starting with carboxylic acids and ester qp and some acid and bases questions!! Good luck <3
U guys got this 30 mins in how we feeling
hey there, i'll be making flashcards for my geometry class, conic sections
let's go team stem! :biggrin:
bit of a late joiner but i'll be going through flashcards for each of the sciences, half an hour each :smile:
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Heya! Here's my goals for this session:

10 mins social influence revision

10 mins IR chapter 15 revision

10 mins Gatsby chapter 4 revision

Finish notes from history lesson today - make notes on the historiography from John Guy

Update Issues and Debates flashcards

Start lit homework - poetry write up

After my lack of productivity last session, I've decided that to make this session better, I'll log off TSR to stop me procrastinating as scrolling on here was my main procrastination technique last time, and I'm also going to try out something recommended on a podcast about focus I listened to this morning (podcast is The Mindset Mentor by Rob Dial), which is to listen to one instrumental song on repeat whilst you're working :smile: GOTTA WORK HARD FOR TEAM HUMANITIES TODAY!

The most surprising thing I've learned this year is that our personality type can affect how we deal with stress and whether we're more prone to stress related illness or not (learned this literally last week in psychology) - I had no idea that this could be such a massive factor!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :party:

The personality types and stress thing is so interesting! Are personality types something that's accepted in psychology? Or does it mean more like tendencies and traits? I'm thinking specifically of whether the Myers Briggs test is actually legit

Hope the session is going well for everyone! I'm curious to know how many are doing GCSEs, A-levels, or something else?
Original post by Pwca
The personality types and stress thing is so interesting! Are personality types something that's accepted in psychology? Or does it mean more like tendencies and traits? I'm thinking specifically of whether the Myers Briggs test is actually legit
Hope the session is going well for everyone! I'm curious to know how many are doing GCSEs, A-levels, or something else?
I'm doing A-levels (which start in just over two months :eek:)
Original post by Pwca
those are tests right? in the us we have state tests every year for english math, and science. mine are in april :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending