The Student Room Group

How long did it take you to get your accounting offer?

I applied to 2 unis for an accounting & finance course. I applied with 2 choices early (20th sept) to hopefully hear from them before the January deadline so I can choose the rest of my choices more wisely considering I already have my grades. Any idea how long they take to come up with a decision for this course? Is A+F considered a competitive course? I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement letter yet
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ksaroha
I applied to 2 unis for an accounting & finance course. I applied with 2 choices early (20th sept) to hopefully hear from them before the January deadline so I can choose the rest of my choices more wisely considering I already have my grades. Any idea how long they take to come up with a decision for this course? Is A+F considered a competitive course? I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement letter yet

Sorry you've not had any responses. Just checked the Reading website:

https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/2023/business-and-management-accounting-and-finance-ug/bsc-accounting-and-finance

It shows clearing grades of BCC for Sept 23 admissions for the BSc A+F course (including grade C in maths A level or AS level) . The BA equivalent is asking for the same grades (no maths requirement at A level). That might give you some confidence.

@Ghostlady ran the thread for Reading applicants last year so might have some recollections about timescales. @UniofReading may also have some insight.
Original post by ksaroha

I'm the same, I already had my grades and applied for accounting and finance courses at 2 uni's on September 5th and still haven't received offers yet. Hoping I get responses sooner rather than later.
Reply 3
Original post by ksaroha

Hi my daughter applied to Reading last year. It was for zoology though and she heard back within 2 weeks. That said, her dept is different. She did not receive confirmation via email of her application from Reading, but the UCAS said it was submitted.
Original post by Ghostlady
Hi my daughter applied to Reading last year. It was for zoology though and she heard back within 2 weeks. That said, her dept is different. She did not receive confirmation via email of her application from Reading, but the UCAS said it was submitted.

I didn't receive confirmation via email either from the universities I applied to though UCAS did say it was submitted. What month was your daughter's application sent in? I feel like it might make a difference since apparently most people apply closer to the end of the year than to Summer.
Reply 5
Original post by __Orangutan__
I didn't receive confirmation via email either from the universities I applied to though UCAS did say it was submitted. What month was your daughter's application sent in? I feel like it might make a difference since apparently most people apply closer to the end of the year than to Summer.

She did not send hers in until back end of october.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending