The Student Room Group

Is it a bad thing not to go to Oxbridge?

I have AAB predicteds and was planning on doing Classical Archeology and Ancient History at Oxford but seeing as it is the last week for early entry applicants and I've sort of failed to get my Philosophy grade (B) bumped up to an A, I don't know if I should be sad that I can't apply for Oxford.
Original post by StaticVoid!!
I have AAB predicteds and was planning on doing Classical Archeology and Ancient History at Oxford but seeing as it is the last week for early entry applicants and I've sort of failed to get my Philosophy grade (B) bumped up to an A, I don't know if I should be sad that I can't apply for Oxford.

Note that the deadline for Oxbridge is the 15th of October though so you still have three weeks.

But it's not the end of the world anyway. Plenty of other good unis, including for your particular subject. For archaeology, including classical, it does seem just about all academics pass through the Institute of Archaeology at UCL at some point in their career anyway, so you may want to look into the courses they have there in that area - classical archaeology and classical civilisation is ABB, based in the archaeology and history departments, and classics and the ancient world which has a non-language background track (which does require some language work in the degree but from scratch) is AAB.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Note that the deadline for Oxbridge is the 15th of October though so you still have three weeks.

But it's not the end of the world anyway. Plenty of other good unis, including for your particular subject. For archaeology, including classical, it does seem just about all academics pass through the Institute of Archaeology at UCL at some point in their career anyway, so you may want to look into the courses they have there in that area - classical archaeology and classical civilisation is ABB, based in the archaeology and history departments, and classics and the ancient world which has a non-language background track (which does require some language work in the degree but from scratch) is AAB.

Thank you for the reply!

I will definitely check that course out, UCL seemed to have a Classics course that I could do last I checked but with a language requirement, I'll definitely keep looking.

As for the deadline, my school wants me to submit for the 29th. I don't really know what to do because of course I want to go Oxford and several friends are applying but I can't get my Philosophy grade up..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending