The Student Room Group

how can I get a 1st in my four assignments law

I have a 3rd in law, I need to push that to a 2:2 or a low 2:1 to go into third year.
Reply 1
Original post by Rxmaj01
I have a 3rd in law, I need to push that to a 2:2 or a low 2:1 to go into third year.

What year are you currently in? If you've just finished first year; study, workout where you're lagging behind and consistently tackle your struggle areas. If you've just done second year; consider retaking modules or the year. How far off a 2 are you? Is it manageable by just resitting one assignment, do you need to redo several etc.

There are helpful grade calculators on Google. You can put in marks for each assignment or module and the weighting for each. It will either workout your overall grade or calculate how many marks you need on your final assignment to hit that grade marker.

Consider the reason you did not do as well as you hoped this year. Are you messing around too much instead of studying? Are you actually finding the work too difficult? Do you struggle to write down what you want to say in the appropriate manner? They're all things that can be looked at and altered. Cut down on social time or replace with study groups. Find out where you're struggling and focus on those topics. Take some additional writing courses alongside your current course. Most universities have a study skills centre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending