The Student Room Group

UNIQ+ Graduate Scheme 2024

Hi guys! Just wanted to make a thread for people applying for the UNIQ+ graduate scheme 2024. I’ve made a template for ppl to share their stats and the project they potentially want to apply to (if you know) ! Good luck everyone!!

1st Choice Project:

Current (or most recent) University:

Course currently studying:

Uni Year (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc)

Predicted/Achieved Grade:

Previous Research Experience:

Number of Eligibility Criteria Met:

Ofc feel free to disclose as much or as little as you want and provide any extras if you want to! just gives everyone an idea of the competition and to keep everyone updated on advancements etc! :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1st Choice Project: Clinical Neurosciences 01
Current (or most recent) University: Kingston University
Course currently studying: BSc Biochemistry
Uni Year (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc): 3rd Year
Predicted/Achieved Grade: 1st Class (predicted)
Previous Research Experience: Francis Crick Institute Summer Programme 2023
Number of Eligibility Criteria Met: 2
1st Choice Project: Computer Science 03
Current (or most recent) University: Exeter
Course currently studying: Computer Science
Uni Year (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc): Year 3
Predicted/Achieved Grade: First
Previous Research Experience: zilch
Number of Eligibility Criteria Met: 1

I've become really interested in computational biology over the last two years, and I would like to segue into it somehow after finishing undergrad. But whew, it's been a long time since I wrote a uni personal statement. I hope it can impress, even though I only meet one of the eligibility criteria.
(edited 4 days ago)
Reply 3
Original post by nameless-student
Nice to meet you @Lrl456 ! It's great to talk to other applicants.

1st Choice Project: Computer Science 03
Current (or most recent) University: Exeter
Course currently studying: Computer Science
Uni Year (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc): Year 3
Predicted/Achieved Grade: First
Previous Research Experience: zilch
Number of Eligibility Criteria Met: 1

I've become really interested in computational biology over the last two years, and I would like to segue into it somehow after finishing undergrad. But whew, it's been a long time since I wrote a uni personal statement. I hope it can impress, even though I only meet one of the eligibility criteria.

no im sure you will impress for sure ! have you submitted ur application yet?
Original post by Lrl456
no im sure you will impress for sure ! have you submitted ur application yet?

I'm working on my personal statement at the moment, hoping to have it done by the weekend :smile:
Reply 5
Hi!
1st Choice Project: Linguistics 02
Current University: Reading
Course currently studying: BA Archaeology and Anthropology
Uni Year: 2nd
Predicted Grade: 1st
Previous Research Experience: Nothing yet!
Eligibility Criteria Met: 3

Does anyone know if the deadline is somewhat rolling? Or will everything be looked at now that the deadline has closed?
Reply 6
Original post by maddiem00n
Hi!
1st Choice Project: Linguistics 02
Current University: Reading
Course currently studying: BA Archaeology and Anthropology
Uni Year: 2nd
Predicted Grade: 1st
Previous Research Experience: Nothing yet!
Eligibility Criteria Met: 3

Does anyone know if the deadline is somewhat rolling? Or will everything be looked at now that the deadline has closed?
i think everything will be looked at now that the deadline has closed i believe they do it in a big batch rather than choosing as they are submitted!
Anyone else get the email saying that their application has been passed onto the academic assessors?
Best of luck everyone!
Reply 8
Original post by maddiem00n
Anyone else get the email saying that their application has been passed onto the academic assessors?
Best of luck everyone!
yes i got the email!
Hi, Has anyone heard back yet with any decisions?
Original post by farahmiyanji
Hi, Has anyone heard back yet with any decisions?

hi i’ve not heard back we hear end of april hopefully sooner bc id need to give a months notice to my job!
Hi guys. Hope we hear something soon.

First choice project: Computer Science 02 (graphs)

Current Uni: Teesside University

Course: Applied Artificial Intelligence MA

Year 1

Predicted marks: Distinction

Previous research experience: Limited, an assignment last term, and 2 assignments this term.

Number of eligibility criteria: 1
Reply 12
last year applicants heard back all day on 26th april (from like 9am to 5pm) so i’m thinking we should hear around the week beginning the 22nd april onwards! Also, a lot of people ended up getting admitted later on when people didn’t accept offers etc so there’s still hope even after this day all the way up until may/june ish!
Original post by Lrl456
last year applicants heard back all day on 26th april (from like 9am to 5pm) so i’m thinking we should hear around the week beginning the 22nd april onwards! Also, a lot of people ended up getting admitted later on when people didn’t accept offers etc so there’s still hope even after this day all the way up until may/june ish!

wish that date was closer! all the best everyone! does anyone know how many people apply to spaces?
Original post by applesandalevels
hi i’ve not heard back we hear end of april hopefully sooner bc id need to give a months notice to my job!

Lol same!
Reply 15
Original post by applesandalevels
wish that date was closer! all the best everyone! does anyone know how many people apply to spaces?
i think i read somewhere it was over 650 applied ??? (don’t quote me on that) and 150 places available
Original post by Lrl456
i think i read somewhere it was over 650 applied ??? (don’t quote me on that) and 150 places available

do you rmb where you saw that??
Original post by Lrl456

think that 600 was uniq not uniq+
Original post by anonymous 192

how many do you think apply for uniq+?
Original post by anonymous 192

6000 for uniq says google search and someone mention for 2020 about 200 applied for 30 spaces https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6966486

Quick Reply

Latest