The Student Room Group

Am I right to still be angry with my parents about this?

Back when I was in primary school I had to go the breakfast and afterschool club almost everyday apart from Friday right from Reception until I finished in Year 6 as well as holiday club twice a week in the summer. I know you might comment this was years ago grow up how would you like it if you didn't get to finish at the same time as all your friends almost daily and being the one in your age range at school who does the most before and after care? Before you comment well they had to provide, yes that may be true but most people's parents have to work and they didn't have to go so why did I? When I raised this issue with them they told me I am 17 and need grow up. Are they right?
Yes
yes I went to before and afterschool club everyday from the start of reception until the end of year 6 but it depends on your parents job and how flexible it is. you have no right to be annoyed at them for this.
Reply 3
Original post by agent_duck343
yes I went to before and afterschool club everyday from the start of reception until the end of year 6 but it depends on your parents job and how flexible it is. you have no right to be annoyed at them for this.

How did you deal with seeing all your friends finish at the same time but you had to stay? It really use to upset me but my parents use to say get on with it.
Yea pretty much, actively being angry about it years down the line is meaningless

It's easy to be jealous of other peoples situations but your parents prob had their reasons.
Reply 5
I see your point but am only taking account of one side of the story. Try to voice your anger to them and resolve the matter. You can’t change the past, only influence the future.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
I see your point but am only taking account of one side of the story. Try to voice your anger to them and resolve the matter. You can’t change the past, only influence the future.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that they are older parents and most people have younger parents and don't have to go. Not to mention they never did anything worthwhile with the money. Like if your going to be an older parents at least make sure your kids don't have to go to before or after care, or if you are going to send your kids to breakfast and after care at least do something worthwhile with the money you are making. I also remember getting teased about having to go by my classmates as well saying they didn't love me.
I think that you are wrong to be obsessing over a breakfast and after school club routine that ended with primary school.
You are not a sulky 12 years old, you will not gain anything by acting like one.
Focus on the future and what you want to do with your life.
Leave the nasty memories of nursery and primary school behind you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending