The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Is the University of Salford any good for Biomedical Science?

I’m currently in the process of applying for uni, I’m thinking of studying biomedical science at Salford university if I don’t get my first choice.

I like the look of the course because it’s IBMS accredited and has the option to do a sandwich year but can’t find many reviews or opinions from people who have studied there. I was wondering if any current or past bio med students there could tell be about their experience there, like what they thought of the course, the staff and facilities and if they feel that the course helped them with their career? Would you recommend applying and if there was anything you particularly liked or disliked about it?
Original post by Jjxck
I’m currently in the process of applying for uni, I’m thinking of studying biomedical science at Salford university if I don’t get my first choice.

I like the look of the course because it’s IBMS accredited and has the option to do a sandwich year but can’t find many reviews or opinions from people who have studied there. I was wondering if any current or past bio med students there could tell be about their experience there, like what they thought of the course, the staff and facilities and if they feel that the course helped them with their career? Would you recommend applying and if there was anything you particularly liked or disliked about it?

Hey @Jjxck!

I'd definitely suggest looking at things like NSS scores for different courses, as that's direct data from students about their satisfaction with the course and the teaching on it! Its the best source of student reviews you can get :biggrin: Whilst I did a slightly different subject area I personally studied here at Salford in the Biosciences field and really enjoyed it - the academics are fantastic and really approachable if you want to go through things after a lecture, and are really keen to build their own research into the courses so you get really up to date content. I went on to do an MRes with one of the academics I'd built a good relationship with who was really keen to get me involved in a novel project in my field, which was a great experience and has given me great options for further study/PhD projects!

I appreciate its been a few years since I studied here though, so I'd also recommend coming along to an Open Day - we'll have current Biomed students there on the day in the subject sessions who'll be more than happy to have a chat with you about their experiences on the course. Our next one is this Saturday (appreciate thats VERY short notice), but we do have the same event happening again on the 4th November and the 13th January! You can book on here :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any queries! Happy to help the best I can :biggrin:
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending