The Student Room Group

Jehovah's Witness

Any student here who is a Jehovah's Witness?
Reply 1
I'm not with those that call themselves that, but Jesus said:

"you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me"
(Acts 1v8)

They began to continue his miracles and "greater works" after that.
But first you need to receive that:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues" (Acts 2v4)
Tongues is miraculous unlearned prayer language, top God not speaking to men.
(1 Corinthians 14v2, 4)
Original post by NJA
I'm not with those that call themselves that, but Jesus said:

"you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me"
(Acts 1v8)

They began to continue his miracles and "greater works" after that.
But first you need to receive that:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues" (Acts 2v4)
Tongues is miraculous unlearned prayer language, top God not speaking to men.
(1 Corinthians 14v2, 4)

Hi
Not a student and not a Jehova's witness. But I guess that you just referred your question to students.
Original post by Kallisto
Not a student and not a Jehova's witness. But I guess that you just referred your question to students.

Oh ok
Original post by Studentmaybe111
Oh ok

I have even talked to Jehova's witness in the public and tried, but did not convince me.
Original post by Kallisto
I have even talked to Jehova's witness in the public and tried, but did not convince me.

Ok I understand. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness but some of our beliefs are hard to understand.
Reply 7
Ok I understand. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness but some of our beliefs are hard to understand.

If one of your members, or someone outside is ill, do you believe in calling on God in the name of Jesus for healing?
Original post by NJA
If one of your members, or someone outside is ill, do you believe in calling on God in the name of Jesus for healing?

I believe in the power of prayer for strength to endure illness. Do I believe in miracle healings, no.
Reply 9
I believe in the power of prayer for strength to endure illness. Do I believe in miracle healings, no.

to me this is a hard belief to understand, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

With sin washed / propitiated, believers showed authority over death and sickness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending