De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

forensic science

what is the forensics course like
Original post by xmjadams

Hi there @xmjadams - it's great to hear that you are interested in studying with us here at DMU and considering our Forensic Science programme!
More information on the course structure, layout, modules and the (necessary) details are here :biggrin:

If you would like there is an opportunity to engage with one of our current students of the course as one of our ambassadors is studying Forensic Science! :elefant:

You can chat to our current students and ask questions on how it really is to study at DMU - from the experts themselves - on The Ambassador Platform:smartass: Also on the platform are updates from a few of our current students about their studies, day to day, and extracurricular activities such as our DMU Global trips, being on Study Abroad, placements, Freshers, and more!

Feel free to have a browse, check it out, and if you have any questions one of our Ambassadors will be happy to help when they can! I hope this helps:rolleyes:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2

I currently do the forensic science course and it's very interesting, however, can be quite challenging with practicals and maths but there is the support available if needed. :smile:

Hi @xmjadams

Glad to see you’re showing an interest in Forensic Science.

At LSBU we have a 2 Forensic Science courses.
(1) BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
(2) BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with a foundation year

Both will cover the same elements however, the foundation year (year 0) will provide a baseline knowledge of some topics before entering Year 1.

Forensic at LSBU include lectures to learn the theory elements, laboratory to put the theory into action - i.e. examining exhibits or crime scene flat, demonstrations.
You are examined in a range of ways from written: reports, general examination report, streamline forensic report, witness statements, expert witness etc. as well as practical: crime scene investigation, exhibit examination, live lab workbook etc.

Forensic is multidisciplinary, with the resources, academics experience and teaching quality you cover a range of content.

If you have any other follow up questions please do let me know.

Hope this was able to help.
Kaprice R (3rd Year - BSc (Hons) Forensic Science)
LSBU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending