The Student Room Group

help bristol or leeds

basically i applied to uni in january out of panic because the deadline was soon and i didn’t know what i wanted to do so i landed on neuroscience. i have an offer from bristol (AAA), leeds (AAB) and sussex (ABB) and i don’t know what to firm. i would like to go bristol but i’m predicted an AAB and don’t think they would accept it, especially because my art coursework mark came back as one or two marks off an A (by 2019 boundaries idk how the grade boundaries will be this year but they likely won’t be massively different) and i don’t think i'm likely to get an A in biology as well. Also i wanted to change my course to biology which complicates things more so should i just bite the bullet and take a gap year to sort my **** out even though i don’t want to. I’m planning to have sussex as my back up as leeds prioritises near misses over insurance choices, but do i firm leeds or bristol and would either let me change my course.i’ve visited both leeds and sussex and they’ve both been nice. i’m also aware about how much of an idiot i sound with all this lol:colonhash:
Reply 1
Original post by weezerfan
basically i applied to uni in january out of panic because the deadline was soon and i didn’t know what i wanted to do so i landed on neuroscience. i have an offer from bristol (AAA), leeds (AAB) and sussex (ABB) and i don’t know what to firm. i would like to go bristol but i’m predicted an AAB and don’t think they would accept it, especially because my art coursework mark came back as one or two marks off an A (by 2019 boundaries idk how the grade boundaries will be this year but they likely won’t be massively different) and i don’t think i'm likely to get an A in biology as well. Also i wanted to change my course to biology which complicates things more so should i just bite the bullet and take a gap year to sort my **** out even though i don’t want to. I’m planning to have sussex as my back up as leeds prioritises near misses over insurance choices, but do i firm leeds or bristol and would either let me change my course.i’ve visited both leeds and sussex and they’ve both been nice. i’m also aware about how much of an idiot i sound with all this lol:colonhash:

i think you can change the course once admitted
Reply 2
Clearly there are two separate issues. What course do you actually want to do and where would you like study it.
For my mind, deciding on what you want to study is the more important. You need to find out which places would let you switch and your best bet is to ring the universities and ask them. If they have filled the spaces on these courses then there is a good chance you won't be able to switch.

This might help narrow your choices and then you can think about where you would like to go.

But really, taking a gap year to sort your **** is best, to be absolutely sure!
Reply 3
Original post by ProAcademia
i think you can change the course once admitted

This depends entirely on the individual University and there being spaces on other course, applicant having acceptable grades etc

No-one should ever accept a place on a course they do not want to do in the wild hope they can switch courses once they get there.
Reply 4
Bristol as Firm, Sussex as Insurance - and then defer both offers to 2024 start.
If you are accepted to either choice in August, this then gives you time to think about what you do actually want to do at Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending