The Student Room Group

Can you buy laptop with maintenance loan?

I have maintenance loan and I am not sure what u can use it for. For uni I need to buy a laptop. I was wondering if I can buy one using the maintenance loan or if the loan is only for certain things like rent, textbook, food and transport only
Original post by cherryhitchkins
I have maintenance loan and I am not sure what u can use it for. For uni I need to buy a laptop. I was wondering if I can buy one using the maintenance loan or if the loan is only for certain things like rent, textbook, food and transport only

You can spend your maintenance loan however you wish but do make sure you work out a budget so that you cover your accommodation, food, transport, etc. before you buy an expensive item.
Your maintenance loan is yours to do with as you please. If you want to buy a car, laptop, high class meals etc… just don’t forget once you’ve burned through it, it’s gone.
Original post by normaw
You can spend your maintenance loan however you wish but do make sure you work out a budget so that you cover your accommodation, food, transport, etc. before you buy an expensive item.

Original post by Scienceisgood
Your maintenance loan is yours to do with as you please. If you want to buy a car, laptop, high class meals etc… just don’t forget once you’ve burned through it, it’s gone.

Oh okay thank you so much
I just thought it was for certain things
I’ve seen things online where someone bought unnecessary things that were not related to uni and they didn’t get any loan afterwards. I just don’t want to risk buying something and getting my loan cancelled off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending