The Student Room Group

Twin finance

Hi. Single mum of twins hoping to go to uni 2024.
Can you confirm that one SF is completed online and one on paper. (crazy system) Is there a 'tick box' on the form to indicate it's for twins? Yet to see the form
Also a deduction to household income total amount is £1130. eg earn 25,000 then 23,870. And this is regardless of earning £25 or £50
Is there anything else that I need to think about?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Debs147
Hi. Single mum of twins hoping to go to uni 2024.
Can you confirm that one SF is completed online and one on paper. (crazy system) Is there a 'tick box' on the form to indicate it's for twins? Yet to see the form
Also a deduction to household income total amount is £1130. eg earn 25,000 then 23,870. And this is regardless of earning £25 or £50
Is there anything else that I need to think about?

Hi Debs, yes, it would need to be via paper for one of them. If the household income is under £25,000 then they'd automatically be assessed for the maximum amount of funding. Is it for September 2024? If so, these will be live in the early spring. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Debs, yes, it would need to be via paper for one of them. If the household income is under £25,000 then they'd automatically be assessed for the maximum amount of funding. Is it for September 2024? If so, these will be live in the early spring. Thanks, Jason

Thanks for replying.
Yes, It's is for 2024. I earn over the £25,000 so just trying to figure out how on earth I will afford it.
When you say live early spring.. What this, finance website?
Do you know any answer to tick box for twin or everyone receives the 1130 regardless
Original post by Debs147
Thanks for replying.
Yes, It's is for 2024. I earn over the £25,000 so just trying to figure out how on earth I will afford it.
When you say live early spring.. What this, finance website?
Do you know any answer to tick box for twin or everyone receives the 1130 regardless

It will automatically assess them both for the disregard when you support the application. The applications will be available on the gov.uk website and we'll do an announcement via our Facebook and Twitter pages. When the applications go live we can assist with any queries when you are providing your details to support the application as well. Any further questions at the moment then do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
It will automatically assess them both for the disregard when you support the application. The applications will be available on the gov.uk website and we'll do an announcement via our Facebook and Twitter pages. When the applications go live we can assist with any queries when you are providing your details to support the application as well. Any further questions at the moment then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Thank you so much for the advice.
Original post by Debs147

Unrelated to the Student Finance England angle but may be something helpful to be aware of generally - most unis have some bursaries available for those on the maximum SFE maintenance loan amount. Usually students are assessed automatically for these by their uni, and as bursaries they don't need to be repaid. The values can vary considerably though so worth looking into while looking at unis to apply to! Also some unis have some additional forms of support - for example LSE has a rent reduction available in addition to their bursaries for students staying in halls with them who are eligible for the higher ends of the bursary value :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
Unrelated to the Student Finance England angle but may be something helpful to be aware of generally - most unis have some bursaries available for those on the maximum SFE maintenance loan amount. Usually students are assessed automatically for these by their uni, and as bursaries they don't need to be repaid. The values can vary considerably though so worth looking into while looking at unis to apply to! Also some unis have some additional forms of support - for example LSE has a rent reduction available in addition to their bursaries for students staying in halls with them who are eligible for the higher ends of the bursary value :smile:

Thanks for the info but my salary won't get my girls the maximum. I will need to top it up to afford accommodation etc. It's crazy that some monthly residence costs are more than mortgage payments. Almost criminal.
I appreciate the time to answer me.
Original post by Debs147
Thanks for the info but my salary won't get my girls the maximum. I will need to top it up to afford accommodation etc. It's crazy that some monthly residence costs are more than mortgage payments. Almost criminal.
I appreciate the time to answer me.

Some do also have smaller bursaries for those not entitled to the maximum loan but entitled to more than the minimum, so still could be something to look into. But yes student halls are very expensive :frown: Renting in general is pretty pricey these days :eek:
Original post by Debs147

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending