The Student Room Group

student finance england

Good afternoon, I need an advice please, today I received the outcome of my application to students finance this year and I don't get any tuition loan for this year, I started two years ago on a foundation degree which 4 years, then I transferred to another university on a 3 years degree course last year but things didn't go well for many reasons which I submit to student finance but it wasn't taken into account ,so I suspended my study at this university, and applied again for my previous university which I did my foundation course at, should I have applied for foundation degree starting from year 1 again to get the tuition fees for this year ? and can I change my application if so ?
Original post by Great444
Good afternoon, I need an advice please, today I received the outcome of my application to students finance this year and I don't get any tuition loan for this year, I started two years ago on a foundation degree which 4 years, then I transferred to another university on a 3 years degree course last year but things didn't go well for many reasons which I submit to student finance but it wasn't taken into account ,so I suspended my study at this university, and applied again for my previous university which I did my foundation course at, should I have applied for foundation degree starting from year 1 again to get the tuition fees for this year ? and can I change my application if so ?

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means your previous study would betaken into account.

Do you have any Compelling Personal Reason's (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means your previous study would betaken into account.

Do you have any Compelling Personal Reason's (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course?

Thanks,
Claire

Yes I have ADHD and I didn't get the right support at the university I transferred to also my twin brother was ill ( severe depression) where I supported him, and we moved area with all this it was difficult to carry on but I submit all this in my application but still didn't get the tuition fees , what should I do? what if I change it back to the foundation course starting from year 1 will that count 4 years plus 1 gift year minus 2 years ?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi there,

Thanks,
Claire

I didn't get additional year because I moved from 4 years course ( Foundation) to 3 years course when I transferred
I didn't get additional year because I moved from 4 years course ( Foundation) to 3 years course when I transferred

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course, you can provide evidence of this and it may be possible to get Tuition Fees for 1 additional year. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course, you can provide evidence of this and it may be possible to get Tuition Fees for 1 additional year. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Can I submit more than one application to student Finance? Also how do I appeal on the decision? I 'm suppose to have an extra year as every other student which I didn't.
Reply 6

Thanks,
Claire

Can it be a relative teacher ?
Can it be a relative teacher ?

Hi there, We would not be able to accept evidence is the person is related to you. We can check on your entailment and how it has been calculated if you contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending