The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Graduate Entry Medicine September 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _.fhussain
Are international students still able to apply? as it says on the website that the applications for September 2024 are still open? if so, will there be more interviews held? Thank you

Hi @_.fhussain

Yes, we are still accepting applications from international students. This will remain open until all places have been filled and we expect more interview dates to be scheduled for the beginning of 2024. We suggest applying as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Becky
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @_.fhussain

Yes, we are still accepting applications from international students. This will remain open until all places have been filled and we expect more interview dates to be scheduled for the beginning of 2024. We suggest applying as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Becky

Thank you for your response!

Is there any way I could apply directly or does it have to be via UCAS? as UCAS may not let me provide supporting documents like gamsat scores since Chester isn't indicated on the gemseas portal.
Hi all

Please see an update regarding applications.

Information for international applicants:
Invites to interviews were sent out via email on Tuesday 7th November. Interviews will be held on the 28th and 29th November. Further information on interview times and how the day will run will be sent via email on Tuesday 14th November.

Information for UK applicants:
Our UK admissions office are currently reviewing UCAT results to determine who will be selected for interview. Interviews will commence in December and candidates shortlisted for interview should hear from the admissions team within the next two weeks.

Hi, When will the invites for interviews for UK students be sent out?
Original post by desertblonde
Hi, When will the invites for interviews for UK students be sent out?

Hi @desertblonde

As mentioned in a previous response, our UK admissions office are currently reviewing UCAT results to determine who will be selected for interview. Interviews will commence in December and candidates shortlisted for interview should hear from the admissions team within the next two weeks.

Please have a read through the responses of this thread as there may be other information to help answer your queries.

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by Anonymous
Does this mean those that have not done the UCAT as of yet won’t be considered for interview at this stage? The staff at the open event stated they would consider all applications and applicants currently without UCAT results due the late announcement of the course…? And that if shortlisted, they could sit the UCAT at the next sitting?

Hi there,

Home students can apply to the course without having completed an admissions test/UCAT and you would be considered for interview if you meet all other requirements. However, any offer that you might receive following the interview would be conditional to you completing the GAMSAT in March 2024.

Hope this helps
Becky
Thank you for your response!

Is there any way I could apply directly or does it have to be via UCAS? as UCAS may not let me provide supporting documents like gamsat scores since Chester isn't indicated on the gemseas portal.

Hi @_.fhussain

At the moment it's not possible to apply directly. Applications should be made through UCAS and GAMSAT results can be sent to [email protected].

Best wishes
Becky
Hi there,

Home students can apply to the course without having completed an admissions test/UCAT and you would be considered for interview if you meet all other requirements. However, any offer that you might receive following the interview would be conditional to you completing the GAMSAT in March 2024.

Hope this helps
Becky

Hello Becky,
[start]Can applicants take other entry tests, such as the MCAT?[/start]
Thanks
Hello Becky,
[start]Can applicants take other entry tests, such as the MCAT?[/start]
Thanks

Hello,

Yes, we do accept MCAT test results. Please refer to this page for more information on the course and entry requirements - https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/graduate-entry-medicine

Best wishes
Becky
Hi @_.fhussain

At the moment it's not possible to apply directly. Applications should be made through UCAS and GAMSAT results can be sent to [email protected].

Best wishes
Becky

I've already placed my ucas application choice so I was wondering how to add chester as a choice? Can I withdraw my application from one of the universities and add chester? I'm not sure if ucas would allow that. Thank you
I've already placed my ucas application choice so I was wondering how to add chester as a choice? Can I withdraw my application from one of the universities and add chester? I'm not sure if ucas would allow that. Thank you

How many choices do you have? I think it depends. If you've already made four med choices, you can't add any more. However, if you haven't, you can add the choice by using the Institution code: C55.
Reply 30
Hi @_.fhussain

Best wishes
Becky

I think you can’t change your choice after 2 weeks
How many choices do you have? I think it depends. If you've already made four med choices, you can't add any more. However, if you haven't, you can add the choice by using the Institution code: C55.

Yeah unfortunately I can't I have 4 choices for med. I didn't know Chester accepted gamsat but now that I know I want to switch one of my choices with Chester. And I'm afraid that if I withdraw any of my existing choice, it won't allow me to add a new one.
Yeah unfortunately I can't I have 4 choices for med. I didn't know Chester accepted gamsat but now that I know I want to switch one of my choices with Chester. And I'm afraid that if I withdraw any of my existing choice, it won't allow me to add a new one.

Yeah, from my knowledge you can’t change your choices after 2 weeks of submission.
Reply 33
Hello, are all the 50 UK home spaces filled for 2024 ? If so, are you able to share how many UK home applicants you had this year ?
Original post by saraaa176
Hello, are all the 50 UK home spaces filled for 2024 ? If so, are you able to share how many UK home applicants you had this year ?

They can’t be filled for 2024 yet as they haven’t done any interviews for it. The application to apply closed in September
^^October sorry

Hi @_.fhussain

We'd recommend contacting UCAS directly.

Best wishes,
Becky

Hi @saraaa176

We're not able to share the number of applications. Interviews are due to take place next month and we will continue to accept applications until all spots have been filled.

Best wishes
Becky
Reply 38
Hi @saraaa176

We're not able to share the number of applications. Interviews are due to take place next month and we will continue to accept applications until all spots have been filled.

Best wishes
Becky

Thank you, are you able to share if you still have spaces for any UK students or is it just international spots that are left.
Hi @saraaa176

Best wishes
Becky

Thank you, are you able to share if you still have spaces for any UK students or is it just international spots that are left.

They haven’t interviewed for uk students yet so they are all 50 places still available , invites to interview will be going out soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending