The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Graduate Entry Medicine September 2024 entry

The University of Chester is thrilled to announce that we have 50 spaces open to UK students for the September 2024 entry of our Graduate Entry Medicine programme (previously this has only been open to international students due to funding restrictions.)

To learn more about the four-year Graduate Entry Medicine course at Chester Medical School why not join us at our upcoming online information event?

Our online session on Thursday 12th October (15:00 GMT+1) will provide you with the opportunity to:

Explore whether studying Medicine at Chester is right for you

Learn more about how to apply and what to expect in the interview process

Ask questions about the course and get to know some of our academic team

Take virtual tours of our skills labs

Take virtual tours of our ward simulation suites

Cover any unanswered questions you may have, about any element of the course

Book your place on the information event here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/graduate-entry-medicine/information-event and more information can be found in our latest news article.

If you have any questions, feel free to pop them below or contact our Medical School via email - [email protected]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HI, would a candidate with below stats be eligible to apply for 2024 entry at Chester @University of Chester
Bsc Biomedicine degree at St Georges currenlty in final year. Predicted 2:1
A levels: A(Chemistry), B (Biology), C(Maths)
GCSEs: Five 8s, three 7s, two 6s
UCAT : Total 2540, SJT 2
VR 520
DM 650
QR 700
AR 670
work experience
2 weeks GP practise
3 days medical doctors work experience
6 months volunteering at youth club
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi would I be considered if my ucat score was 2500. I got 660 in VR which was my highest scoring section if that helps?
Hi @mmp756 & @muzreached

Please contact our international team via email - [email protected] for information on the application process and entry requirements for international students. Or [email protected] to contact our Health and Social Care admissions department for home/UK students.

Best wishes,
Becky
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi has anyone else who has applied to Chester for grad med been asked to complete evidence of work experience yet? I haven’t had anything yet so checking it’s not just me!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi has anyone else who has applied to Chester for grad med been asked to complete evidence of work experience yet? I haven’t had anything yet so checking it’s not just me!

I haven't received anything either
I’ve only received an acknowledgment email.
Same here, only got the acknowledgment so far! I’ve heard interviews are going out though.
For International students or home students ?

Same here, only got the acknowledgment so far! I’ve heard interviews are going out though.
For International students or home students ?

Not sure, someone posted it on a different sub but didn’t specify
Hello,
When will candidates receive their interview offers and rejections.

Thanks!
Original post by University of Chester
The University of Chester is thrilled to announce that we have 50 spaces open to UK students for the September 2024 entry of our Graduate Entry Medicine programme (previously this has only been open to international students due to funding restrictions.)

To learn more about the four-year Graduate Entry Medicine course at Chester Medical School why not join us at our upcoming online information event?

Our online session on Thursday 12th October (15:00 GMT+1) will provide you with the opportunity to:

Explore whether studying Medicine at Chester is right for you

Learn more about how to apply and what to expect in the interview process

Ask questions about the course and get to know some of our academic team

Take virtual tours of our skills labs

Take virtual tours of our ward simulation suites

Cover any unanswered questions you may have, about any element of the course

Book your place on the information event here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/graduate-entry-medicine/information-event and more information can be found in our latest news article.

If you have any questions, feel free to pop them below or contact our Medical School via email - [email protected]
Hi all

Please see an update regarding applications.

Information for international applicants:
Invites to interviews were sent out via email on Tuesday 7th November. Interviews will be held on the 28th and 29th November. Further information on interview times and how the day will run will be sent via email on Tuesday 14th November.

Information for UK applicants:
Our UK admissions office are currently reviewing UCAT results to determine who will be selected for interview. Interviews will commence in December and candidates shortlisted for interview should hear from the admissions team within the next two weeks.
Reply 12
Hi all

Invites to interviews were sent out via email on Tuesday 7th November. Interviews will be held on the 28th and 29th November. Further information on interview times and how the day will run will be sent via email on Tuesday 14th November.

Our UK admissions office are currently reviewing UCAT results to determine who will be selected for interview. Interviews will commence in December and candidates shortlisted for interview should hear from the admissions team within the next two weeks.

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Will you request the 70 hours work experience before or after the interviews (for home applicants)?
Hi all

thanks for the update! do you know how many home students applied this year?
Hi all

Will more invites be sent out later on?
Hi all

I'm afraid we're not able to share the number of applications.

When home applicants are shortlisted for interviews they will be sent a link to an online form where they will be asked information regarding work experience.

We expect that there will be opportunity for further interview dates in the new year, however, this has not yet been finalised and therefore we're not able to share any other details at this point.

Hope this helps!

Not just you!
Does this mean those that have not done the UCAT as of yet won’t be considered for interview at this stage? The staff at the open event stated they would consider all applications and applicants currently without UCAT results due the late announcement of the course…? And that if shortlisted, they could sit the UCAT at the next sitting?
To whom it may concern,

When do you anticipate the course being closed to new applications? I fulfil all the criteria however I have only recently noticed that the course was still open.

Thank you

Kind regards
Hi all

Are international students still able to apply? as it says on the website that the applications for September 2024 are still open? if so, will there be more interviews held? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending