The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Graduate Entry Medicine September 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Could I ask what kind of UCAT scores UK home applicants that have applied got please?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
From reading the above it sounds like applicationsare still being accepted for home students, includingthose who haven’t sat the UCAT yet and wouldnormally be applying for the 2025 cohorts - doesanyone know how this will affect offers being made tothose who applied in this cycle with their UCAT andgrades etc?

I meet all the requirements on the website, including academic, UCAT cut off and work experience but am unsure how shortlisting will work if we’re competing with those who haven’t done entry exams yet for interview places?

Also if we do not have to complete work experience form until after interview invite, how is that taken in to consideration?

If anyone has info it would be super appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous #8
From reading the above it sounds like applicationsare still being accepted for home students, includingthose who haven’t sat the UCAT yet and wouldnormally be applying for the 2025 cohorts - doesanyone know how this will affect offers being made tothose who applied in this cycle with their UCAT andgrades etc?

I meet all the requirements on the website, including academic, UCAT cut off and work experience but am unsure how shortlisting will work if we’re competing with those who haven’t done entry exams yet for interview places?

Also if we do not have to complete work experience form until after interview invite, how is that taken in to consideration?

I think they’re shortlisting first to those who have the achieved grades / entry requirements both i.e. ucat/ gamsat. They’ll be invited to interview, then if there anymore spaces left they’ll send out more interviews etc for the people who still need to do ucat ect and then their offer will be conditional that they get either the ucat or gamsat grade

Also guessing that having the right about of work experience will be a condition of the offer. From what I’ve heard you send it off when you receive you interview invitation
Original post by Anonymous #7
Also guessing that having the right about of work experience will be a condition of the offer. From what I’ve heard you send it off when you receive you interview invitation

Thank you for the info!

Hopefully you’re right. The entry requirements seem to have changed after the deadline in terms of the work experience.

Yes I’ve heard the same about the WEX info - just means it sounds like it doesn’t get taken in to consideration when shortlisting for interviews which is a shame
Thank you for the info!

Hopefully you’re right. The entry requirements seem to have changed after the deadline in terms of the work experience.

Yes I’ve heard the same about the WEX info - just means it sounds like it doesn’t get taken in to consideration when shortlisting for interviews which is a shame

Chester has to follow the same criteria as Warwick & I assume if you don’t meet the wex, you will be rejected. It could be they send both the wex form and invite together and the interview is only confirmed once the evidence is uploaded? Just a theory.
Reply 46
Does anyone know if interviews will be in person or online this year ? Will they also be MMI or panel?
I spoke to someone in admissions and they said that first interviews would be given to those who meet all of the requirements (inc UCAT/GAMSAT/MCAT) and then they would interview those who haven’t got an admission test score and make it a condition of offer.

They also said they were planning on holding interviews on the 11th, 12th and 13th of December and then another 3 days in January etc. until all places are filled.
I spoke to someone in admissions and they said that first interviews would be given to those who meet all of the requirements (inc UCAT/GAMSAT/MCAT) and then they would interview those who haven’t got an admission test score and make it a condition of offer.

They also said they were planning on holding interviews on the 11th, 12th and 13th of December and then another 3 days in January etc. until all places are filled.

They are definitely taking their time to send the interviews out though. Other unis have already started, but I guess they are new to home students applications etc so totally makes sense. I think we should begin to see home interview invites this week. Good luck everyone:smile:.
Hi all

Comments above are correct in that our admissions team will offer interviews to those who meet all of the requirements. Following this, if places remain, those who do not yet have results will be invited to interview and if successful at interview stage, the entry test results will be a condition of their offer.

Interviews for home/UK applicants will be MMI as this is how all HEI’s interview for Medicine courses. Candidates shortlisted for the first interview dates will receive more interview details soon.

Hope this helps!
Becky
Reply 50
Original post by University of Chester
Hi all

Comments above are correct in that our admissions team will offer interviews to those who meet all of the requirements. Following this, if places remain, those who do not yet have results will be invited to interview and if successful at interview stage, the entry test results will be a condition of their offer.

Interviews for home/UK applicants will be MMI as this is how all HEI’s interview for Medicine courses. Candidates shortlisted for the first interview dates will receive more interview details soon.

Hope this helps!
Becky

Hi, have any home students received an invite yet?
Original post by DoughJam
Hi all

Hope this helps!
Becky

Hi, have any home students received an invite yet?

It’s says that they will be giving them out shortly
Hi all

Hope this helps!
Becky

Hi do you know when home students can expect to receive interview invites?
Original post by Mathangi23
Hi do you know when home students can expect to receive interview invites?

Their interview dates are 11th, 12th and 13th so we can expect to hear soon if you are in that batch. When I asked they said within the next 2 weeks we will receive invites to interview if we are shortlisted. So that means by the end of this week :smile:.
Original post by ipod18
Their interview dates are 11th, 12th and 13th so we can expect to hear soon if you are in that batch. When I asked they said within the next 2 weeks we will receive invites to interview if we are shortlisted. So that means by the end of this week :smile:.

Thank you 😊
Has anyone received any interview invites for chester ( homes students)?
Hi all

Hope this helps!
Becky

Hello dear, will the admission team look at personal statements?
Original post by Anonymous #9
Has anyone received any interview invites for chester ( homes students)?

I have just received an interview invite (home student). Absolutely delighted! 😀
Original post by aspiringgem
I have just received an interview invite (home student). Absolutely delighted! 😀

Congratulations!! Thats amazing news! May I ask what your UCAT score was please?
Original post by aspiringgem
i have just received an interview invite (home student). Absolutely delighted! 😀

congratulations!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending