The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Graduate Entry Medicine September 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

has anyone with a pending degree got an interview invite?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Well... looks like I am getting a rejection 😔
I had no email for an interview.
Original post by Anonymous #14

Are you International or home student?
Those who got interviews was it an email from the university or did you find out via ucas? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #15
Those who got interviews was it an email from the university or did you find out via ucas? Thanks

Email from the uni on 22/11
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous #14

Hey!

No news is still good news.
They said to me they haven’t released all the interviews. They’ll have some more in January so you might still be shortlisted.

Good luck!
Reply 86
Original post by University of Chester
The University of Chester is thrilled to announce that we have 50 spaces open to UK students for the September 2024 entry of our Graduate Entry Medicine programme (previously this has only been open to international students due to funding restrictions.)

To learn more about the four-year Graduate Entry Medicine course at Chester Medical School why not join us at our upcoming online information event?

Our online session on Thursday 12th October (15:00 GMT+1) will provide you with the opportunity to:

Explore whether studying Medicine at Chester is right for you

Learn more about how to apply and what to expect in the interview process

Ask questions about the course and get to know some of our academic team

Take virtual tours of our skills labs

Take virtual tours of our ward simulation suites

Cover any unanswered questions you may have, about any element of the course

Book your place on the information event here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/graduate-entry-medicine/information-event and more information can be found in our latest news article.

If you have any questions, feel free to pop them below or contact our Medical School via email - [email protected]

Do you still have spaces?
Original post by Carlyf2
Do you still have spaces?

Hi @Carlyf2

Interviews are yet to take place, so spaces are not yet filled.

Best wishes,
Becky
Anyone who got an invite from Chester received any information about the details of the interview ? They said they were gonna send a second email but I haven’t got anything yet
Original post by Anonymous #7
Anyone who got an invite from Chester received any information about the details of the interview ? They said they were gonna send a second email but I haven’t got anything yet

Just received an email (11.15 today)
Original post by aspiringgem
Just received an email (11.15 today)

Congrats for the interview! Did you apply with a UCAT or GAMSAT result? I applied with a GAMSAT but have heard nothing back so far.
Original post by Anonymous #16
Congrats for the interview! Did you apply with a UCAT or GAMSAT result? I applied with a GAMSAT but have heard nothing back so far.

I also applied with GAMSAT and haven’t heard yet. However, my degree is pending, so I expect that’s why
Original post by Anonymous #5
I also applied with GAMSAT and haven’t heard yet. However, my degree is pending, so I expect that’s why

i applied with ucat (2890 B1) but have no response which im guessing is because i have a pending degree.
do you know of anyone with a pending degree having an interview from chester??
if the degree is the reason, do you think those with a complete degree are preferred or are they just doing interviews first?
i know there's more interviews to come in jan but its so stressful not knowing why there's no response :/
Original post by Anonymous #4
i applied with ucat (2890 B1) but have no response which im guessing is because i have a pending degree.
do you know of anyone with a pending degree having an interview from chester??
if the degree is the reason, do you think those with a complete degree are preferred or are they just doing interviews first?
i know there's more interviews to come in jan but its so stressful not knowing why there's no response :/

I believe only those with a completed degree are being interviewed in December but those with pending are still being considered for further interview dates in January.

I applied with both UCAT and GAMSAT (due to other unis I'm applying to - only needed one for Chester)
(edited 5 months ago)
I have a completed degree but no admissions test - they said that they can’t give a timeframe when we will hear back. Guessing they’re assessing those atm who are missing some part of the entry requirements for Jan interviews
I was told by the admissions team recently that the majority of people with UCAT will be interviewed in the new year and that GAMSAT people will be interviewed in the new year (they said interviews will be running up until April) but didn't specify when they would send the invites.
I have both a degree and UCAT/GAMSAT above the thresholds given so not sure how exactly they are working through.

as much as it’s really though, we need to control the controllables, prioritise our mental well-being and wait it out (which is super tough don’t get me wrong!) 😊
I have a completed 1st degree and completed UCAT above thresholds. I also completed 500+ hours work experience. Unsure what’s going on.
Reply 98
The home student places were announced only a few days before the deadline so imagine it is likely a case of figuring it out as we go along for everyone, including the admissions team.

The only thing we can do is be patient and support each other. We know we will get a reply in the next few months so while it’s a bit longer to wait, it’s outside of our control.

Don’t get me wrong I’m super nervous to find out but trying to see the extra time as a positive and use it for extra interview practice (fingers crossed) time.
I am trying to figure out how they have shortlisted for the interviews so far. It’s not with VR because my friend hasn’t got an interview and has higher than what was quoted by someone on here for VR. It’s not UCAT total score because some here have been invited to interview and have lower scores than others that haven’t been invited.

Maybe it’s work experience hours? But how have they determined that? I doubt they read through probably 500+ personal statements in a short space of time.

Anyway, just trying to think logically about how they have called people for interview. It could be a combination of degree achieved, classification and admission test score maybe? No idea! But we will all find out by April 😀.

Good luck everyone, fingers crossed :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending