The Student Room Group

Trainee Legal Advisor - Ministry of Justice 2023

Hi everyone,

I’ve been invited to interview for the Trainee Legal Advisor position with the Ministry of Justice.

My interview will be online. I am kindly asking anyone if they could share their experiences on the interview and what to expect.

I’ve read quite a bit on the forum about there being a legal based scenario. I’ve completed my LPC a few years back and my legal experience is not in the criminal law/family law areas. As a result, I’d like to prepare as much as possible for this interview.

Can those who have interviewed online, please share their experiences on what to expect and the best way that one can prepare for these interviews.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply 1
Original post by angelval123
Hi everyone,

I’ve been invited to interview for the Trainee Legal Advisor position with the Ministry of Justice.

My interview will be online. I am kindly asking anyone if they could share their experiences on the interview and what to expect.

I’ve read quite a bit on the forum about there being a legal based scenario. I’ve completed my LPC a few years back and my legal experience is not in the criminal law/family law areas. As a result, I’d like to prepare as much as possible for this interview.

Can those who have interviewed online, please share their experiences on what to expect and the best way that one can prepare for these interviews.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Angelval123,

Did you manage to get any advice? I also have an interview soon and would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has been through the process?
Reply 2
Hello Prunes 99,

Your interview will consist of 2 sections. The first section will be on behavioural questions. Study the job description, specifically the success profiles that you will be assessed on. The job description will specifically state the success profiles that you will be assessed on. Ensure that you can give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies using the STAR interview format. Be able to elaborate on your examples. This is very important.

Your will also be given a legal scenario. You should be informed on whether this will be on a family law or criminal law topic. Focus on the topic that you will be assessed on and brainstorm possible scenarious that can arise from the material that is provided.

You can also search the forum for more advice. There are quite a few threads where there are discussions on this. If possible, you should also visit your local Magistrates Court. It puts into practice the scenarios that you could possibly be assessed on.

Be confident, and believe in yourself. You can do this!
Reply 3
Thank you so much! I hope yours went well!
I’ve got a few more days of prep and in that awkward stage of recording myself on my phone 🤣🤣.
I’ve seen the other threads which was quite informative!
Wishing you all the best with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending