The Student Room Group

CPR - Getting one year back

So i applied for student finance this year, and was told that i would not receive funding due to withdrawing first semester last year, and that counts towards one year of study, the reason i left last year was due to my brothers suicide, and too much was going on with the aftermath of that to continue studying. I was told that bereavement is a reason for cpr, but i don't know whether to dispute it as there's no guarantee i will receive funding, and in only have until the 9th to withdraw without paying tuition fees this year.
Original post by harism2123
So i applied for student finance this year, and was told that i would not receive funding due to withdrawing first semester last year, and that counts towards one year of study, the reason i left last year was due to my brothers suicide, and too much was going on with the aftermath of that to continue studying. I was told that bereavement is a reason for cpr, but i don't know whether to dispute it as there's no guarantee i will receive funding, and in only have until the 9th to withdraw without paying tuition fees this year.

Hi there, We can consider CPR for further funding to be made available.
You’ll need to send a letter to us detailing your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.

Where applicable, we recommend the evidence is:

- Signed and dated
- Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include:

- Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
- Letter from HEP on headed paper
- Death Certificate

Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending