The Student Room Group

Student finance funding

Hi I done a foundation year as well as first year. I received funding for both years. I want to drop out of the university and move back to london and stay with my parents. I have caring responsibilities for my dad which meant I couldn’t study at my previous university in my accommodation.

My question is if I apply for an extra year of tuition fee from student finance because of my caring responsibilities. Will I got funding for a MPharmacy course which is four years or would I still need to fund one year.

Also would student finance give me some sort of minimum funding until they decide if I’m eligible for the extra year of tuition fee support.

Original post by Raymon157
Hi I done a foundation year as well as first year. I received funding for both years. I want to drop out of the university and move back to london and stay with my parents. I have caring responsibilities for my dad which meant I couldn’t study at my previous university in my accommodation.

My question is if I apply for an extra year of tuition fee from student finance because of my caring responsibilities. Will I got funding for a MPharmacy course which is four years or would I still need to fund one year.

Also would student finance give me some sort of minimum funding until they decide if I’m eligible for the extra year of tuition fee support.

Hi Raymon157,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if your new course is 4 years and you have done 2 years previously, the calculation would be 4+1=5-2=3 years of full finance, given in the final years of your new course. This means in year 1 you wouldn't get Tuition Fees, but you should get Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course, and can provide evidence of this, then it may be possible to get full finance (Tuition Fees). The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending