The Student Room Group

aqa alevel eco

whats the best way to revise eco(aqa)? i didnt do gcse business so im quite confused about what to do, plus my teachers arent the best
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
do you mean economics ?
Reply 2
Original post by examboard
do you mean economics ?

yea
Reply 3
I got an A* in it , so can give some advice if ya want
Original post by snakefox
yea
Reply 4
Original post by examboard
I got an A* in it , so can give some advice if ya want

how often/long and when did you revise for it? plus what essay structure did you use
Original post by snakefox
how often/long and when did you revise for it? plus what essay structure did you use

I got an A* also. If you aren't aware of Econplusdal, get on his YT! He's so popular among students that he is no longer an advantage to know of, it's more of a requirement to pass lmfao.

My essay structure depended on how easily I can flow from pros and cons of the side / the type of question. Sometimes: small intro, pro, con, pro, con, conclusion. Sometimes: small intro, pro and con of policy 1, pro and con of policy 2, then a conc which tied the two together.

It depends. But best advice is to practice essays from early on. Don't waste time fully writing them out, just write detailed essay plans
Reply 6
Original post by gregregregreg
I got an A* also. If you aren't aware of Econplusdal, get on his YT! He's so popular among students that he is no longer an advantage to know of, it's more of a requirement to pass lmfao.

My essay structure depended on how easily I can flow from pros and cons of the side / the type of question. Sometimes: small intro, pro, con, pro, con, conclusion. Sometimes: small intro, pro and con of policy 1, pro and con of policy 2, then a conc which tied the two together.

It depends. But best advice is to practice essays from early on. Don't waste time fully writing them out, just write detailed essay plans

good advice but personally I never used econdal , he was a good hype man though for this live streams the day before the exams . Simply to give some tips is need to know the content in the major topics inside out , on minor topics know the overview . Practise essay writing as early as possible ( skill that develops over time ) and towards end really hone in on priority topics (one’s that come up each year E.g market structures (oilihopoes )). Econ was a blast for me tbh , didn’t ever do any work in lessons and in the end dropped 20 marks over 3 papers , work hard but have fun 😀
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest