The Student Room Group

A-level Literature NEA (prose)

I've completed my poetry NEA (I did in on a selection of songs) but I'm not too informed on the prose one. I did a search but still can't quite understand what the task is. Do you have to compare 2 narratives? But compare them how? Using the ideas in the critical anthology? My teacher last year said that you could also present it as a creative piece. Could someone break it down for me?

Thank you
Original post by Stefani.r
I've completed my poetry NEA (I did in on a selection of songs) but I'm not too informed on the prose one. I did a search but still can't quite understand what the task is. Do you have to compare 2 narratives? But compare them how? Using the ideas in the critical anthology? My teacher last year said that you could also present it as a creative piece. Could someone break it down for me?

Thank you

I don't think you compare 2 narratives. You just explore the narrative in terms of your chosen texts. Don't limit yourself to the critical anthology as it is quite brief. Do some further research on whatever chosen perspective you've chosen.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by piinksparkles
I don't think you compare 2 narratives. You just explore the narrative in terms of your chosen texts. Don't limit yourself to the critical anthology as it is quite brief. Do some further research on whatever chosen perspective you've chosen.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you very much for the response - we've started exploring it in the last few weeks but haven't made any write-ups or anything. Do you know whether you have to look at your chosen text through an 'ism' (marxism, feminism etc.) or can you just choose a narrative aspect like 'beginnings' or 'character'?

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Stefani.r
Thank you very much for the response - we've started exploring it in the last few weeks but haven't made any write-ups or anything. Do you know whether you have to look at your chosen text through an 'ism' (marxism, feminism etc.) or can you just choose a narrative aspect like 'beginnings' or 'character'?

Thanks again :smile:

You're welcome!! You have the choices of postcolonialism,marxism,feminism,narrative lens or eco critical. The narrative aspect mainly just delves into the characters and the storyline progression. Speak to your teacher and see what they recommend for whatever book you end up choosing! It seems daunting and I'm going through the same thing, hope we both make it out alive haha :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by piinksparkles
You're welcome!! You have the choices of postcolonialism,marxism,feminism,narrative lens or eco critical. The narrative aspect mainly just delves into the characters and the storyline progression. Speak to your teacher and see what they recommend for whatever book you end up choosing! It seems daunting and I'm going through the same thing, hope we both make it out alive haha :smile:

haha, hope you do well too! 'm actually thinking of The Picture of Dorian Gray for mine. Apparently AQA have approved it, but its difficult to actually make it work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending