The Student Room Group

Feeling repulsed :/

Hi,
I’ve been talking with a person for a while but I can’t help but feel repulsed when they make any affectionate comments towards me. I’m generally a confident person and I don’t have low self esteem but I can’t help but feel uncomfortable when they show any bit of affection like compliments etc.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so what have you done about it?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I’ve been talking with a person for a while but I can’t help but feel repulsed when they make any affectionate comments towards me. I’m generally a confident person and I don’t have low self esteem but I can’t help but feel uncomfortable when they show any bit of affection like compliments etc.

do you have trouble accepting any compliments at all or is it just affection from this specific person?

if they intend their affection to be romantic or platonic? if it's romantic and you're uncomfy from this, it could be a sign you are on the aromantic spectrum

i would just communicate with them, maybe say you appreciate the gesture of giving a compliment but it makes you uncomfortable or something along those lines!
Reply 2
Hi,

Figure out if they're the one repulsing you or you just aren't used to romantic attention. I've had an experience like this and if you like them it goes away haha.
Reply 3
do you have trouble accepting any compliments at all or is it just affection from this specific person?

if they intend their affection to be romantic or platonic? if it's romantic and you're uncomfy from this, it could be a sign you are on the aromantic spectrum

i would just communicate with them, maybe say you appreciate the gesture of giving a compliment but it makes you uncomfortable or something along those lines!

I was doing ok beforehand accepting comments from this specific person but recently it kinda just felt weird. They’re someone I’m dating but idk I just feel so odd at the moment.
Reply 4
Original post by kaylab12
Figure out if they're the one repulsing you or you just aren't used to romantic attention. I've had an experience like this and if you like them it goes away haha.

Yeah i guess i need to figure this one out. It’s a bit complicated cause we’re like best friends and we’ve been dating for a while and i didn’t feel like this before. I have been waiting to see if it would go away but it hasn’t and idk what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending