The Student Room Group

Is it a good idea to learn all the content for your A Level and revise in class?

Would it be a good idea for me to go much ahead of my content and learn as much information as possible, and use my lessons as a way to recap and note down the things I completely missed?

Is this a good idea? I feel like a lot of a teachers would disagree.
That depends on whether you’re likely to get bored or frustrated with going over content again and whether you’re confident that you can understand the content self studying in advance.
Original post by Anonymous
Would it be a good idea for me to go much ahead of my content and learn as much information as possible, and use my lessons as a way to recap and note down the things I completely missed?

Is this a good idea? I feel like a lot of a teachers would disagree.

Hi,

When I was doing my A-Levels, I was advised not to jump ahead or to "pick and choose" which topics I would prefer to learn first. This was because some topics build on each other, and you would require the knowledge from previous topics to understand the upcoming ones.

I believe that every student has their own individual pace of learning, and if you believe that your classes are going way too slow then there is no harm is learning the upcoming topics in advance. But if you do decide to do this, I strongly advice you ensure you have thoroughly understood the content you are learning and have a strong foundation of understanding before you proceed. Make sure you still attend all your lessons and give your full attention even though you might believe that it's content you have already learnt.

Remember to take your time to thoroughly understand each and every concept/theory before you jump ahead. A-Levels is a two year course, please make the most of your time :smile:

All the best,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending