The Student Room Group

A level sociology for dentistry

I want to drop psychology for sociology and alongside I do a level biology chemistry. But I'm afraid if I won't be able to get offer just because I did sociology as my third a level which is not a science subject. HELP
Reply 1
This dentist on Instagram was telling me to definitely not do a level sociology. It confused me as he didn't even give me an explanation of why not to. My psychology teacher is not great and its really confusing. Do you know anyone who got into dentistry with bio chem and sociology?
(edited 6 months ago)
The third subject can be anything of your choice. If you enjoy it the more likely you are to excel in that subject. I recommend checking out university websites for their specific entry requirements. As long as you do bio/chem that should be fine.
Original post by halimasaiyeda
This dentist on Instagram was telling me to definitely not do a level sociology. It confused me as he didn't even give me an explanation of why not to. My psychology teacher is not great and its really confusing. Do you know anyone who got into dentistry with bio chem and sociology?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
I genuinely don't think that dental schools have a preference for the 3rd A Level subject. As long as you're taking biology and chemistry then you should be fine?
Reply 4
Original post by basicbrowngirl
The third subject can be anything of your choice. If you enjoy it the more likely you are to excel in that subject. I recommend checking out university websites for their specific entry requirements. As long as you do bio/chem that should be fine.

I checked literally most of them and except top unis like Kings college or Cambridge, they don't specify 3rd a level and mostly want bio and chem
Reply 5
Original post by halimasaiyeda
I checked literally most of them and except top unis like Kings college or Cambridge, they don't specify 3rd a level and mostly want bio and chem

Cambridge don't do dentistry
Reply 6
Original post by ManUtd_21
Cambridge don't do dentistry

Sorry I meant Cardiff, it got autocorrect to Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest