The Student Room Group

can i stay home from college with a large third degree burn on my forearm?

last friday, a classmate accidently spilled a hot frying pan full of oil over my forearm, its monday, my arm is swollen, red, crispy and weeping constantly. it hurts to move my whole arm, is this a valid excuse to stay off college?
(edited 6 months ago)
Are you able to right and/or type using a laptop or piece of equipment? If so, I don’t see a reason why staying home would benefit you any more than going to college so long as you’d not move it excessively and keep it bound in a bandage of some kind to prevent infection?
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
Are you able to right and/or type using a laptop or piece of equipment? If so, I don’t see a reason why staying home would benefit you any more than going to college so long as you’d not move it excessively and keep it bound in a bandage of some kind to prevent infection?

my course is very practical, everything requires physical movement and i am in extreme pain even at the slightest movement, i have a bandage on my arm, however it makes it so much more painful having something remotely tight on my arm
Reply 3
Haven't you been to A&E or a doctor? A sicknote would help...
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Haven't you been to A&E or a doctor? A sicknote would help...

done both, have a note, im just wondering if its an actuaö valid excuse

Quick Reply

Latest