The Student Room Group

How should I choose my 5 unis in terms of grading?

I'm studying Maths, Economics and Politics, and I got predicted grades of AAB. While I believe they're low, my HOY has still encouraged me to apply for Oxford as I'm on track for an A* in Maths.

I've already researched unis but I just need to dial them down to 5 choices. Should the uni chosen with the lowest typical offer be my current predicted grades or one/two grades lower?
Reply 1
Generally it would be best for your 5th choice to require no more than ABB.
Original post by capricut2375
I'm studying Maths, Economics and Politics, and I got predicted grades of AAB. While I believe they're low, my HOY has still encouraged me to apply for Oxford as I'm on track for an A* in Maths.

I've already researched unis but I just need to dial them down to 5 choices. Should the uni chosen with the lowest typical offer be my current predicted grades or one/two grades lower?

if you're on track to get an A* in maths then why isn't that your predicted grade?
Reply 4
Original post by capricut2375

A reasonable strategy is to have 1 choices above your predicted grades, 2 or 3 at your predicted grades, and 1 or 2 below. You would almost certainly get automatically rejected from Oxford with a prediction of AAB. If you are really on track for an A*, why is this not reflected in your prediction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending