The Student Room Group

Uni Choices

I'm a CS Applicant for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, Durham and Bath. I've got predicted 3 A*s and an A. I have a strong personal statement as well. Would I have a good chance with my universities?
Original post by mcho016
I'm a CS Applicant for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, Durham and Bath. I've got predicted 3 A*s and an A. I have a strong personal statement as well. Would I have a good chance with my universities?

Are there any weaknesses to your application?
Original post by mcho016

the only way to find out will be to apply and see if you get offers.
If you're worried then I'd suggest applying to Cambridge, Bath and Manchester in the first instance and then deciding whether to use your last 2 choices for Durham and Edinburgh in January
Reply 3
Bath is mega-competitive and has just raised its entry requirements for CS.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Are there any weaknesses to your application?

I'm a bit concerned about the FM predicted grade because I know that this is such a Maths heavy course. Do you think I should be all good though?
Original post by mcho016
I'm a bit concerned about the FM predicted grade because I know that this is such a Maths heavy course. Do you think I should be all good though?

Maybe, maybe not but you obviously have a good chance. I'm guessing that your FM predicted grade is "only" an A?

As above, why not keep 1-2 spots free and see what responses you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending