The Student Room Group

Is there any benefit to the early UCAS deadline?

I'm not going to apply to Oxbridge, but I am planning to apply to Imperial, UCL and other top unis. Is there any point in submitting my UCAS for mid October, or does it not make a difference?
It dosent rlly make a difference unless you are doing a early deadline subject because most top unis wait till the equal consideration deadline to consider their applications but I guess the earlier you get it out the way the sooner you can focus more on revision for your exams
Original post by Nerdonymous
I'm not going to apply to Oxbridge, but I am planning to apply to Imperial, UCL and other top unis. Is there any point in submitting my UCAS for mid October, or does it not make a difference?
Reply 2
Unis do not take any notice of when you apply - so whilst you may get earlier decisions, it wont mean you are any more likely to get an offer.

Btw, don't apply to all top Unis, and dont apply to anymore than 2 of the London Unis you have mentioned - your chances of a rejection are very high even if you meet or exceed the entry requirements. And, you need at least one choice that is well below your predicted grades - otherwise you will have no obvious Insurance choice later.

More advice here - How to Avoid 5 Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
There’s no benefit.

If you DO decide to apply early then please PLEASE only use 3 or 4 of your 5 choices for your early application. Save 1 or 2 choices to be added after Christmas.
Reply 4
I thought you had to submit all 5 choices at a single time. So, if you choose to submit some of the choices later will you be able to change the predicted grades and personal statement for those choices?

Original post by PQ
There’s no benefit.

If you DO decide to apply early then please PLEASE only use 3 or 4 of your 5 choices for your early application. Save 1 or 2 choices to be added after Christmas.
Original post by Nerdonymous
I thought you had to submit all 5 choices at a single time. So, if you choose to submit some of the choices later will you be able to change the predicted grades and personal statement for those choices?

You don't need to submit all five at the same time. When submitting later choices, you are sending exactly the same app and can't amend anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending