The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loans, overlapping MA & PhD courses.

Ineligible for doctrinal student loan due to dates crossing over?

Can anyone help me… Student finance have said I’m ineligible for a doctoral loan for my PhD. Because they have my end date for my masters as 11th October 23. My PHD start date is with a different uni on the 1st of sept 23. Therefore they cross over. I have a post graduate loan for the masters and am applying for the doctoral loan.

They’ve told me because of the cross over I can’t get a post doctoral loan. Has anyone else had this problem?
I already have an MA so I don’t technically need this MA to get onto the PHD. It’s literally the technicality that’s stopping me apply for the loan due to the dates on the system overlapping…

Has anyone cancelled their MA postgraduate loan without leaving their course… say if they didn’t need it anymore.?

Has anyone had a similar experience with MA + PhD overlapping and not being able to get student finance to give funding because of the overlap of courses?
Original post by Lottehum90
Ineligible for doctrinal student loan due to dates crossing over?

Can anyone help me… Student finance have said I’m ineligible for a doctoral loan for my PhD. Because they have my end date for my masters as 11th October 23. My PHD start date is with a different uni on the 1st of sept 23. Therefore they cross over. I have a post graduate loan for the masters and am applying for the doctoral loan.

They’ve told me because of the cross over I can’t get a post doctoral loan. Has anyone else had this problem?
I already have an MA so I don’t technically need this MA to get onto the PHD. It’s literally the technicality that’s stopping me apply for the loan due to the dates on the system overlapping…

Has anyone cancelled their MA postgraduate loan without leaving their course… say if they didn’t need it anymore.?

Has anyone had a similar experience with MA + PhD overlapping and not being able to get student finance to give funding because of the overlap of courses?

Hi there, If the dates of your course overlap you wouldn't be eligible to receive funding. I would advise to speak with your university and see if there is a different start date for your PHD course after your graduation date for your masters application. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending