The Student Room Group

a level religious studies vs politics

thinking of doing history, psychology and either politics or religious studies for a level.
was wondering if rs or politics would be the better option to choose?
I currently do both rs and history at gcse and love them, however rs is slightly easier

i know that a level history already includes some politics so was unsure if it is worth taking politics as an entirely different subject .
I have no specific interest in a degree at uni or job requiring certain topics so it is really up to me to decide which to choose, however I know that history and politics are good a combination so i’m not sure if unis would prefer rs or politics.

also concerning the workload as i know history is a lot of work so would rather take something lighter as a third option.

if anyone has done either of the subjects please let me know what you think and which you would recommend for me to choose, thank you !
Original post by user839292
thinking of doing history, psychology and either politics or religious studies for a level.
I currently do both rs and history at gcse and love them, however rs is slightly easier

i know that a level history already includes some politics so was unsure if it is worth taking politics as an entirely different subject .
I have no specific interest in a degree at uni or job requiring certain topics so it is really up to me to decide which to choose, however I know that history and politics are good a combination so i’m not sure if unis would prefer rs or politics.

also concerning the workload as i know history is a lot of work so would rather take something lighter as a third option.

if anyone has done either of the subjects please let me know what you think and which you would recommend for me to choose, thank you !

RS is by no stretch of the imagination easy. There is a big jump in the stuff you need to include from GCSE to A-level. I do A-level RS and I love it, and I would say I find it the easiest out of my three A-levels, but again that does not mean it is easy. I would pick the subject you think you will prefer, and are likely to do better in but it is up to you.
Original post by user839292

im doing history and politics, they compliment each other nicely without it feeling like the same subject and too much of a crossover. in politics you do uk, usa and political ideologies, so some bits from each topic may link well with something in history but there's still plenty of new/different stuff to learn if you get what I mean! feel free to pm me if you've got any more questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest