The Student Room Group

Law offers - 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Annah180605
I got put on hold by bristol for law and German… my predicted are four A* equivalent and gsces all 9’s equivalent (im Irish) :frown:(

I too am on hold from Bristol. Like you I have 9 x 9s and 4 x A* predicted. Wonder how we did in the LNAT..
Reply 61
Original post by JuJuok
I too am on hold from Bristol. Like you I have 9 x 9s and 4 x A* predicted. Wonder how we did in the LNAT..

What does being on hold mean? Is it bad if you haven’t been placed on hold?
Reply 62
Original post by KianG
What does being on hold mean? Is it bad if you haven’t been placed on hold?

Honestly wish I knew ... put it this way, I'd have preferred an offer than to be put on hold
Original post by daisy11111
Did you have to do the lnat? Do you think that’s what they based it off? Because your grades are quite literally perfect… I’m so sorry☹️ but you have your other options! And put on hold means most likely you’ll get in if you want to go because so many people will not end up going/getting the grades! Good luck !!

Thank you so much!.. yea I did the lnat but I practiced for it every day for 2 months and I felt it went really well, but I suppose you never know.. It could be to do w the fact I’m doing it w German which would reduce the cohort size a lot. I also applied to oxford so it’s just made me less confident I’ll get an interview. I got accepted into Glasgow straight away though so we’ll see!
Reply 64
Thank you so much!.. yea I did the lnat but I practiced for it every day for 2 months and I felt it went really well, but I suppose you never know.. It could be to do w the fact I’m doing it w German which would reduce the cohort size a lot. I also applied to oxford so it’s just made me less confident I’ll get an interview. I got accepted into Glasgow straight away though so we’ll see!

Have you heard of anyone that has had a non contextual offer from Bristol for Law?
Original post by JuJuok
Have you heard of anyone that has had a non contextual offer from Bristol for Law?

No I haven’t.. I’ve seen people get offers from almost every other uni bar the top London ones Oxbridge and Bristol… have you heard of any offers from Bristol?
Reply 66
No I haven’t.. I’ve seen people get offers from almost every other uni bar the top London ones Oxbridge and Bristol… have you heard of any offers from Bristol?

No me neither. I've also had an offer from Glasgow but heard nothing from Durham yet. It doesn't make me feel any better about the LNAT re Glasgow as I don't think the score holds as much value for them as the others. I've read about a couple of contextual offers for Durham
Reply 67

Are you an international or contextual?
Original post by Gobhees
Are you an international or contextual?

Being from Ireland, I’m technically international, but I’m actually regarded as a home student, as the ROI have a special deal w/ Britain where Irish students pay the home fee of 9.25k instead of the international one. I’m not contextual.

Ive heard international students getting law decisions but I havent heard of any uk applicants getting anything back from London/Bris/Oxbridge....
Reply 70
Being from Ireland, I’m technically international, but I’m actually regarded as a home student, as the ROI have a special deal w/ Britain where Irish students pay the home fee of 9.25k instead of the international one. I’m not contextual.

Many congratulations!!
Reply 71

im irish too and applied to bristol! i haven’t received anything back yet though! when did you hear you were put on hold and what is that even! xx i don’t know a lot of irish people applying for law to oxbridge this is so exciting! XXX where else did you apply 🩵🩵
Original post by Viafrancis
im irish too and applied to bristol! i haven’t received anything back yet though! when did you hear you were put on hold and what is that even! xx i don’t know a lot of irish people applying for law to oxbridge this is so exciting! XXX where else did you apply 🩵🩵

Oh cool! What’s your ig I’ll add u! Put on hold means they’re gonna wait until they have more applications before making a decision. I applied for law and German in oxford kcl ucl Bristol and Glasgow!
hey ive applied to oxford, lse, kings, durham and warwick! haven't heard back from anywhere yet so I'm stressing
Reply 74
Just got an offer from Exeter (conditional A*AA)!!!

I also applied to Oxford, York, UCL and Bristol and predicted 3 A*s 🤞
Reply 75
Original post by tarascully21
Anyone heard from Bristol, UCL, KCL, Durham or Oxford? or know when they tend to give decisions? the wait is painfullll

I just got placed on hold for Bristol law. I’m so stressed now because I’m so confused at what this means. Have they started to give out offers? Does this mean my application wasn’t strong enough to receive the first offers?
Original post by KianG
I just got placed on hold for Bristol law. I’m so stressed now because I’m so confused at what this means. Have they started to give out offers? Does this mean my application wasn’t strong enough to receive the first offers?

I'm on hold too and the email says that the application meets the requirements but they need to review more applications before making a decision. So I think we're OK it's just a really competitive uni and course so they need to evaluate other applicants before giving offers. I haven't heard anything about anyone else who applied for law getting an offer so I think its OK .
(edited 5 months ago)
Hello! I currently study a foundation year in law at the University of Brighton with the plan to progress onto the LLB Law in September.
I was wondering if anyone knows how much which university you studied at effects your chances of graduate and career prospects.
I’m considering applying to the University of Sussex for September instead as it’s got a great academic reputation but not sure if it’s worth it!
Thank you!
Reply 78
Original post by emeraldelise33
I received an unconditional law offer from Durham yesterday! I am an international student and my offer wasn't contextual.

WOW CONGRATSSS!!!! I'm an international student from Canada, and I'm yet to hear back from them. Does Durham not need LNAT results to make their decision?
Reply 79
anyone receive interviews from cambridge? i just received two interviews from clare x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending